Soooooo typical

Cherry009

Thank you wow 2 years is a long time! If u dont mind me asking- why did it fall apart when he got back?

Well, this is all conjecture since when we split, everything was completely normal up until the moment he said we 'weren't working out', and then he left and I haven't heard from or seen him since. What I assume was that we had heightened expectations for what it would be like to finally be together, I didn't turn out to be what he was looking for, and he didn't feel comfortable telling me that because he felt guilty that I had done so much for him (I really did; care packages once a week, phone calls every other day, financing a trip for me to visit him there, and then one for him to come home for his college roommates wedding, naughty pictures, the whole nine yards). Communication broke down almost immediately. I didn't react well to that. It snowballed out of control. I'll never REALLY know what happened, because he never told me, and I was still very much in love. But it feels very, very good to say for the first time, it doesn't really matter, and I don't really care anymore, other than straight curiosity. Not to get too long winded and off topic here, but I lost a lot of respect for him once I realized just how easy it would have been for him to give me any truthful reason, even if it was just that he didn't want me anymore. I loved him enough that I wouldn't have held anything he said against him, so it was cowardice and selfishness that prevented him from being honest, and I really don't need that anyway.

Either way, at the time, it felt like it was right to wait for him, so I did. And for two and a half years, we had the best relationship of anyone I've ever met. So long distance doesn't have to be torture, but it will be unless both people are sure that even being apart, their partner is the only one they want. The only way you and your new friend can discover that is to spend plenty of time together and openly communicate what you're feeling. Standard relationship advice, really.

Archived