vampirekitten

No one cares about me. I go out of my way to do all these nice things for the people I care about and no one ever thinks about me. I get yelled at for caring about them, and every good thing I do is immediately forgotten. I feel like if I don't cut all of these feelings will just sit bottled up inside. I wish I didn't feel like I have to cut. I wish someone would actually care about how I feel. I wish someone would appreciate me for a change. I wish I could just not wake up tomorrow or ever again.

Self injury is not the answer. I'm sure you've heard that many times before, and nothing I say could really make you stop, but maybe you're surrounding yourself with people who don't deserve you in their lives. You are somebody, you matter, and you are important. Have you considered looking into counseling ? maybe a support group with others who cut who are trying to stop? I just looked this up, you may be able to find a meeting in your area or join the online meetings.

link removed

I personally go to meetings as well sometimes for things I have trouble coping in and they have helped me immensely. I hope you feel better.

thank you. I've been in counseling for years and actually just recently stopped going because it never really made me feel better. if I'm surrounding myself with people who don't deserve me then I'm not sure what to do because I keep trying to change the crowd I surround myself with due to being mistreated so often. I finally found one person that doesn't mistreat me (my boyfriend) and he's suicidal and recently made an attempt on his life. I feel worthless because even though he says he appreciates me I can't make him happy enough to even want to live. I can't tell if he really cares about me or not because when we see each other he's so sweet and loving but when he opens up about his suicidal thoughts and I tell him how much it would hurt me if he killed himself, he just tells me I'd get over it and doesn't seem to care that it would hurt me more than anything.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people feel like they're are under-appreciated and they all seek different coping mechanisms. Sometimes self-harm is the only thing they can do. Often others aren't capable of showing much compassion because of how they have been brought up or because of their own emotions or they aren't aware that you're feeling this way. Don't blame yourself for this and don't turn to self harm (I know I'm a hypocrite for saying that). I am constantly trying to do good by others and often feel like they don't even try to return the favor but they have probably never truly desired more compliments because they grew up in a very positive place. Once again, don't blame yourself or think that you just aren't worth the courtesy because you most definitely are.

Archived