Eye contact

JRM

I've tried to figure this out myself, being the figure-things-out-myselfish type person I am, but I can't seem to quite put my finger on the answer:

I read it's a sign of confidence to keep eye contact with someone you're interacting with, which I usually don't have a problem with. But say you're sitting in class and you happen to accidentally catch the eye of a girl you're interested in, and arent really sure on her feelings about you. Should you (I) keep eye contact until she looks away to show your (my) confidence, or would this be considered odd, since both of you (us) are on opposite sides of class, and you haven't spoken to her.

If you should keep contact, how should you go about it as far as facial expressions, motions, ect.?

Schwaunk yoo. Fur ur haielp.

You shouldn't worry about what motions you make too much if you haven't even talked to her yet. If you are interested, TALK to them! The best way to show confidence is not by staring at someone forever, but by walking up to them (before or after class, or in the hall, WHENEVER) and starting a conversation. If she likes you, atleast a little, she wont mind talking to you. Stop reading into someone you don't know, and get to know them....Then you will better beable to "read them".

I agree that eye contact is very important. However, if no words are exchanged, then not much can transpire from eye contact alone. Body language can only tell so much but can be more vividly interpreted along with conversation. If you do happen to make contact in class, then the best you can do is smile or nod (you can also give a slight wave too), especially if you are sitting on opposite ends of the classroom. If you do so, there is a chance that she may expect something out from you eventually. So the best thing to do is make the transition from eye contact to conversation based on instinct. You will definitely see viable results from there.

hmm I've always been a little confused about this. I've had conversations with guys before and of course when you're talking to someone you have to make eye contact (well I suppose you can -not- look at them while talking but that would be sorta weird.) So how can you tell they like you just from talking to them? Or how can you even tell just from eye contact -- like what is it that gives it away? They hold your gaze for 5 secs instead of the usual 1 or something..?

If you catch eyes with someone and smile, as you turn back to what you were originally supposed to be doing, I think that is pretty cool.

Like the teacher says something funny, you two make eye contact for a second, both smile and then both go back to paying attention to the class. Don't laugh too long or too loud or stare too long.

I think the look, and both smile is a big sign... but that is pure luck. I had that twice in my life... from the same person... same day... haha. I think that you shouldn't go by eye contact so much as body language. Do they fiddle when they talk to you and such. If anything, eye contact is when you look at each other then look away, and catch each other looking again.

ForAnother

Yeah, I had enough of this eye contact stuff... Grab your nuts, lift them high, and talk to the girl. Just do it... that is true confidence, that is your ticket to a relationship...

ForAnother

HAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAa

That's a great way to put it man

I'VE SAID IT BEFORE AND I GEUSS I GOTTA SAY IT AGAIN! YOU CAN NOT GENERALIZE WOMEN AND HOW THEY SHOW THEIR SIGNS OF ATTRACTION: NOT POSSIBLE, just do as it says in the quote!