Feeling really depressed right now.

Slow Club

as the title says, I'm feeling really depressed at the moment. I don't know what to do. Guess I just want somebody to talk to.

You're not the only one. I'm feeling quite ****ty myself at the moment, nice to have relationship problems isn't it? We can talk.

I hear you, Slow Club. I have found myself quite depressed lately too. So much bad stuff happening and so little good. I don't have anything hopeful or reassuring to say, except to tell you that you aren't alone - and, I guess, to also tell you what I tell myself: there are people out there who love and care about you more than you know.

I don't think I really get affected by good or bad things happening to me. I fairly good at taking things in my stride. One of the traits of depression is that it just happens. Sometimes you're fine, content, happy but for no particularly reason I've been resolutely down. Usually I combat it by seeing friends which will distract it but quite often, it leaves me feeling worse afterwards for some reason.

I know I'll feel better tomorrow when I'm back at work even though it's dull and boring.

I don't know, it just sucks a bit. And I hate back to this but if I was still friends with my ex (but definitely not back together, just friends) I'd be fine. I've been trying pretty hard since she left me to find somebody new I feel comfortable with and open up to so that I have somebody who knows me well and who I can turn to. But I've yet to achieve this goal.

It's frustrating because now I never really think about contacting my ex because I miss her or whatever. It's always because I'm feeling depressed and would like somebody to talk to.

I guess all I can do at the moment to sleep and hope I feel a bit better in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

aw thanks dude. Feeling better now anyway. Although I had a depressing dream last night which I'd like to remember but can't for some reason. I just know it was quite interesting and definitely related to my life at the moment but I don't think I remember what happened.

I also must admit that I do come on here hoping that I'll see my ex start a thread about how miserable she is and that she made a mistake. I guess I kind of hope she's been suffering too.

And lastly, how do I feel about love? I honestly don't know anymore. My ex made me believe in 'ones' and all the fairy tale bull****. Well she didn't make me but because of the way I felt about her, I believed it. Now though, it's been nearly 2 years since BU and I still haven't seen anyone else or slept with anyone which is mildly depressing but I'm actually coping with that quite well. Maybe I should find someone.

Anyway, I know I've got another battle with depression soon because it's my birthday soon-ish. I'm not ready for the battle though, I never am.

Slow Club:

YOu're hoping she comes back and she isn't. I went through the same thing sometime back and I know the feeling. What i did was to think about it as an experience that I grew from.

I also was made to believe in the fairy tale then BOOM gone. But in a way it's fate. She wasn't for you (that's the way I take it). I know love is a very powerful emotions that sometimes doesn't make us think straight but it's been 2 years and I think that by having the right mindset, you will attract the right person. Your emotions make your 'aura' sort of speak. Be positive that life is good, you're a good person and you treated her right and with respect. The rest, you don't have control over.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek"

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd add to this thread as opposed to make a new one.

Right, feeling pretty terrible right now. Worst in a while. I've decided to just accept that my ex won't ever want to know me or be my friend again. It's difficult for it to sink in but the more it does, the worst I feel. It's pretty awful, I feel physically sick because of it and kinda just need to somebody to talk to.

Also at work, I signed off 10 minutes after I actually left and somebody noticed decided to flag it up. Nobody's come to say anything but I'll have to deal with it at some point. I know it's the depression that's making me more paranoid than I should be but I still feel pretty guilty about it despite it only being 10 minutes. I guess that right thing to do is to just accept it as a wrong or is it not as big of a deal as my head is telling me?

Archived