if they bring friends along for first

prettydeadroses

met up with this guy today for the first time. he didn't tell me he was bringing other people. when i walked up he was sitting there and had 2 friends with him - a guy and a girl. i felt awkward and totally uncomfortable. it' hard enough for me to meet one person much less 3 new people. was i wrong in not wanting to hang out anymore and being turned off?

was i wrong in not wanting to hang out anymore and being turned off?

Depends. If it was a date, then definitely that was a very strange thing for him to do and he should certainly have told you in advance - though it would still be strange even then!

If you were just meeting up for some other reason, maybe not so strange.

Is it possible he might have come to meet you alone, then run into his friends?

Is it possible he might have come to meet you alone, then run into his friends?

That still wouldn't make it ok to invite his friends to stay. He could have had a brief chat and then told them to beat it because he had a date.

met up with this guy today for the first time. he didn't tell me he was bringing other people. when i walked up he was sitting there and had 2 friends with him - a guy and a girl. i felt awkward and totally uncomfortable. it' hard enough for me to meet one person much less 3 new people. was i wrong in not wanting to hang out anymore and being turned off?

No you are not wrong to have been turned off by this. First of all, are you absolutely sure he asked you out on a date? If he just asked you to hang out sometime then that wasn't a date. If he said it was a date or invited you to dinner then that would imply it was a date.

Regardless here's what you can do if you're still interested in him. When he calls and the conversation turns to the other night say something like "yeah the venue was nice, but I didn't realize you were going to turn our date into a group thing" and then see what he says. This has you conveying that you thought it was a date and expressing your interest in getting to know him on that level. He'll either clarify that he didn't mean for you to think it was a date or he'll have some explanation for why he thought it was ok to have other people on your date. If he says the former that means he's not interested and you should move on. If he says the latter then you can make it clear that you'd prefer it if future dates are just the two of you and then go from there.

I think the way you felt is appropriate. It probably wasn't intentionally insensitive. Sounds more like a rookie mistake. How old is he? If he's in his 40s well then...

Archived