Henna Body Painting

Silverbirch

I went somewhere on the weekend where there was a young woman with a stall and customers lining up. She was selling her henna art, painting on women's bodies. I was going to have it done, but the weather was so hot, I just couldn't stand around to wait. It wasn't expensive - the dearest was $25 and she said it lasts for 2 weeks. Her designs were lovely and a lot of women were choosing to have them done on the inside of an arm. I'm sure I will get it done at some stage. Anyone had it done. Here are some pics.

link removed

me and ems have often had it done at the school fete and events of the like ..I would love a more professional job though ...like the ones you have shown.

I also got emily her own little kit , and true enough they do last ..two weeks would be pushing it for the ones I had , but like I say these where little stalls doing little "girly" butterflies and things ..

the indian shop I go to for threading also offers this , and more tasteful like the ones you put up.

I would deffo like a proper one done in summer ..some of the designs are awesome .

I currently have one on my hand, lol. Got it last week, still looks good. I'll post a picture when I'm not in school. Lady said it cost 25 (though a friend said it normally costs 40 at Venice beach; she was a professional still), and I told her I had a budget of 10-15 so she did one for 15 for the design I wanted. Less elaborate, she said, to match $15, but it still looks amazing.

Go for it SS! Ethereal, looking forward to seeing it. The young woman who was doing them here was using a black henna paint and fine brushes. Her designs were swirly lines, flowers, etc with an Eastern flavor. The starting price was $5 for a very small one. I have a tiny tattoo on my body which I had done many years ago, and I'm so glad it isn't visible. It looked okay for a while. I looked into having it removed at one stage and was advised by plastic surgeon to just tattoo over it. I've just left it alone, and probably would never get another tattoo again. However, with the body painting, I'm definitely up for getting something much more dramatic than I would ever contemplate having done as a permanent tattoo. I also wouldn't mind some Japanese writing (a special proverb) on the inside of my wrists.

Lemme see if this link works: link removed

I got it at a random artist fair that showed up a street from my apartment. I also got a necklace there, and its metal was from dismantled, recycled bombs. Part of its profit goes towards the cause. It's cool.

The pic was taken right after the inking was done. It's brown now, the stain is set in, not blackish brown and looks like ink on skin like the pic. Still looks awesome. Shows sign of fading now that it's like 10 days past and I had to wash my hands at work (it's food-orientated) and couldn't put oil before I put my hand in water as the lady said I should. Oil before water, pat instead of scrub was her instruction after the initial care.

Oooooo Eth, it's lovely! Quirky, I think I would like the inside of a lower arm done the first time. Also, if I was going somewhere special, I would consider what I would be planning to wear and have the painting done somewhere to flatter the look - ie over the shoulder maybe or possibly the neck or upper chest. I'll see if I can find an image close to the type of art this young woman did as it was quite different to Ethereal's.

Hey, Star, meant to say that I am quite fascinated by the "threading". I don't have much in the eyebrow dept though so not worthwhile for me. I think you could carry off this henna art very well!