Is he breaking up or manipulating me?

cleoandcat

I have been with someone for a long time now. We are best friends, we say we love each other, and we spend nearly every night together. However, he broke up with me a few days ago. It was so out of the blue for me, that I haven't been coping well at all. I've had a rough few weeks with work and family issues, and as a result I have been fairly miserable and snappy. This Friday, we had an argument over something so small I didn't think about it. In the morning, I had a message from him saying call me. He then dumped me and refused to talk about it. I have spent hours going over everything and refusing to accept it. Finally, a few days later, he tells me he is unhappy and wants some time to sort himself out. I accept his reasoning, and supporting it. He has led me to believe that we may get back together. He says he loves me and he is going to miss me.

I don't know how I feel about it. Do I put my life on hold until he sorts himself out? Is he being reasonable? I'm trying not to bug him, but I just want answers. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Archived