I won't let him beat me!

So it has been a month since my husband called time on our 13 year relationship with barely an explanation leaving me with 3 small children and a hole where my heart used to be. Since then I have been through the whole rainbow of emotions , up and down hour by hour. Well I decided I need to own my own life - his actions have locked my on a prison and I need to break free. I want to lose weight but when I am in a funk I find myself eating rubbish - I did that last night. I am fed up of not being able to sleep. At the end of the day he is just one man. Yes I have spent my whole adult life with him and built my world around him but he is still just one man. I am only 33 - I am not letting him define my whole life. I have so much besides him in my life. I have my beautiful children, a wonderful family , supportive friends. Every time I am with them in body but My mind is full of him is doing them a disservice. They want to spend time with me - he doesn't - so why am I wasting my head space on him? Every time I drink wine or eat fattening foods because I am down about him - he beats me! He is winning - he is keeping me in a prison. Well no more - I deserve better than that. So each time I feel this way from now on I will tell myself - don't let him win! And I hope that will be enough

Good for you Sarah! I love to see it when people recognize how much power they genuinely have over their own happiness and lives...

You can't always control what happens to you, but you can control how you respond to it and deal with it. You can choose unhealthy ways (drinking/overeating) or healthy ways such as deciding to take charge of your life and move forward into the future rather than clinging to the paat. The sooner you take care of business and put this divorce behind you, the sooner you will be able to live a happy life and meet someone new.

You are doing extremely well if you can come to that recognition only a month after getting left. You will cycle with good days and bad days BUT if you take charge and have confidence in yourself, this dark period will soon become nothing more than a blip in your past.

Archived