Co-workers and flirting

lilichan

I posted this in a wrong thread so I am re-posting it.

Well a year ago, younger guy than me came to work. He is 10 years younger and he is quite mysterious as he keeps himself to himself. He started flirting big time with me but suddenly stopped and started to ignore me. At that time I heard he has a GF (that I thought anyway) as most of the guys here in China do. He only told me that he know a girl here who is one of his closest friends here. After being really rude, in my opinion, such as running out of the office when I am in, looking away etc we started to chat again and he started to flirt with me again.

In meantime my other nasty co-worker started to develop crash on him and started to push into. Yesterday she told me she heard that his GF is lovely and he took her to some sport event ( I checked it and it seems she lied about it) . However he started to ignore me again today and I am not sure if it is again his phase or he was told something or just... I am in phase to just give up as I think he is playing with me.

I do not know what to think, I would like to know him better ( friends OK too), I am aware of age difference and he is too. But all of this hot and cold, Him being nice than running away, ignoring me I do not know anymore.

Yesterday I found out he is looking into new flat as he wants to move in his closest friend here(described to me/ read GF). Why is he hiding he has a GF. Moving details were told to a boss who by mistake told me thinking I know his situation.

I feel like a crap now as fell into his flirting trap and all the time he was just playing and I was pumping up his ego. In my time or where I am from (Europe) you do say if you are in serious relationship to your co-workers and that is it. Not a huge thing. and now I cannot stand him anymore as I think he is in wrong. Although my friend he should be like that.

My plan is to avoid him big time. I cannot change a job yet and why should I.

What do you think guys??

Archived