With a much better person now, but still think about the ex every day.

The WOMAN that I am with now is older, mature and just an overall good and amazing person...But when I'm not with her I still think about my ex ALOT. Hell, sometimes when im with the new girl, she'll say something or do something that reminds me of my ex and ill go into a temporary slump. I still dream about her from time to time. It's been almost 8 months since we split and i've been the one dealing with the struggle of "getting over it". Part of me is still frustrated at the fact that i never got closure. She replaced me almost instantly and is still with the dude. I'll still ask myself questions like, "Does she ever think about me?", "Does she think her bf is better than i was?", "Did she cheat on me while we were together, or was i just paranoid?", " The time she kept breaking up with me, was she doing it to screw him?" "Does she feel bad about how she hurt me?"

Months later I stil ask these questions. I got NO closure from her. When she finally told me it was over, she told me she wasnt satisfied and made it seem like it was all my fault and that was it. Now i gotta sit back and deal with the fact that she is with another dude who taunted me and threw their relationship in my face while i was lonely and depressed 1,000 miles away from home. Shoot, just writing about this makes me angry.

But after months of sobbing and being hurt, i think ive found a solution to truly moving on. I plan to lose 100 pounds. While i was with my ex i had trouble staying at a good weight. As a result, i have lost a lot of confidence. My personal issues with my weight made the recovery process harder because i had lost the confidence that i once had. Seeing that skinny basketball playing dude that she's with made me very mad. Lately I've been working hard to shed this weight and to feel better as a person all around.

I just can't wait for the day I don't think about her because I know she doesnt think about me or care the least bit.

Dwelling on the past will only cause you more pain. Due to the fact that she moved on so quickly this would suggest that she at the very least was talking with the dude she with now. Did she cheat.. yeah probably, but at this point does it really matter. Once you get that answer it will only bring up 100 new questions in your head and this will never stop. Like you say in your post the woman you are with now is amazing. Could this be you just wanting what you can't have?

It's not fair to your current girl to be be in a place where she comes first. It's fine to mourn the loss of a relationship, but this current girl will get hurt if you're not as commuter emotionally as she is.

I learned a long time ago that not ever woman is going to think that I'm amazing. I know I've broken some hearts too.

Maybe you should stay single for awhile and heal.

Rejection stings... pure and simple and no one likes rejection.

Its not abnormal to think of someone from your past when you are with someone new so long as its not all the time or influencing what you are doing. I still from time to time think of someone from my past and hope they are happy but just wonder how life is for them - in today's social media age its sometimes easy to find those you once knew. I'm happily married and when my curiosity perks its not that I want them and not my husband. Its normal human nature.

I can tell you if you are constantly thinking of your ex then you aren't quite ready to move on with a new person and while I think its great to have personal goals for a better you I caution you if your goal is to impress your ex as that always seems to backfire. Make changes for you... only you.

And, BTW who knows what she is thinking... so don't make assumptions... just focus on you.

Good Luck

Archived