Modern dating

Trixy05

Okay, I have nothing to really suggest here, but I would like to say something. From being in relationships and ending relationships I had to start back in the dating scene. For a while I would get asked out on dates but never really wanted to put the effort into dating. Having to get to know someone else AGAIN, reading there signs, and playing the dating game, I hate it. I don't know why so many people like it so much? Why they just want to be single yet still LOVE dating! Do people just go out because they don't want to eat dinner together or is it really to have good company and meet someone "romantically." I would never want anyone to go out with me just because they were bored and had nothing to do. I think dating and being with someone should be because when your not with that person your thinking about them.... its nice to be missed. But I think passion and timing are two VERY important factors in "dating" or tying to "meet someone" I know love is worth it....but dating?

Its so strange to me a lot how things have changed. I mean I am 21 years old and while I was growing up guys never were taught to hold doors open, walk closest to the road, let the women take the seat.... Women like to feel "courted!" Not saying that this has to happen EVERY time but its nice.

Okay I said my peace I hope you all understand and maybe relate?

Ok, I dont think this is related to anything you want answered, I just wanted to say that, I always have been courtly to girls, Ive always held doors open and let a girl know she was 1st, Even strangers, Ive always done that, and it really confuses me, because if im out on a date, I do it, and the girl looks at me funny like im a weirdo or something , I dont get it, I try to be really polite, and it never seems to work on girls?

Glad you posted this. I have to say I totally understand where your coming from. I had to start dating again and at my age it wasn't a fun thing. But i'll tell you I didn't accept anything less than a gentlemen and if he had poor manners there would not be a second date.

You hit it on the head Josh G.

Girls complain about chivarly being dead, but then you try to open doors etc. and you get this "I'm independent blah, blah, blah; I'm not weak, I don't need a man to open my doors etc. etc.". I mean people get tired of these mixed signals from women. Which do you want ladies?