I feel like i have abandoned a child! Is this normal?

Me and my ex recently broke-up and even though it was bascially his decision to end it i feel like i have abandoned a child even though he's an adult is this normal?? we were together for 4 years and to make a long story short he wouldnt commit so i ended it but told him if he wouldnt commit that i couldnt stay. So he did have a choice and choose to let me walk away. I have given him chance after chance about the commitment issue and still nothing. So why do i feel like i have abandoned my own child? thats what it feels like to me

Me and my ex recently broke-up and even though it was bascially his decision to end it i feel like i have abandoned a child even though he's an adult is this normal?? we were together for 4 years and to make a long story short he wouldnt commit so i ended it but told him if he wouldnt commit that i couldnt stay. So he did have a choice and choose to let me walk away. I have given him chance after chance about the commitment issue and still nothing. So why do i feel like i have abandoned my own child? thats what it feels like to me

I think many women feel that way and I think it's an unhealthy sign that these men remind us of children. I think the relationships that work involve men who remind us of men.