when he wants to cook for you

quiddy

We went out on few dates and he is a really nice guy, he asked me to come see him this week, he wants to cook for me. I think it is really cool and i want to go ,it is gonna be the 5th time i'm gonna see him but do guys do this? none of my friends ever got asked

Sure. I'm no cordon bleu chef but I enjoy cooking and I love to cook meals for women I'm dating. I wouldn't do it as a first or second date, fourth or fifth is about right. And it's not just an excuse to get them into my house, if that's what you're worrying about! (Though I guess it might be with some guys, to be fair.) Enjoy it.

Some guys invite you over to "watch a movie" and others want to cook, but to me, it usually means that he's ready to make a move.

i was actually thinking the same but it came up in our conversation, we talked about different restaurants and food and then he said he always cooks, no microvawe stuff and added " i am really good at cooking " and i joked that this could not be true. So he said he will cook for me one day and then he said to come and see

I've always done this for women I really liked.

If you like and trust the guy, I say why not go over? If he makes a move, so what? Again, if you trust that he's into you and not just out there for sex, there's no harm in it. I definitely wouldn't have sex with him, because 5 dates is much too early, but if you like the guy and he tries to make out with you, I say go for it. That's natural at this point.

I love to cook for a woman. Open a couple bottles of wine, turn on some music, in the winter have a fire going and enjoy each others company and conversation in the kitchen. Depending on what I'm making we can make an entire night out of this or watch a movie in after dinner. Ex would cook with me which I quite enjoyed too, she had excellent culinary skills. My current friend has been over for dinner a handful of times and she seems to enjoy this. Also, it's nice as we can indulge in some great wines and not have to worry about driving.

I can't cook squat and even I have cooked for women I've dated before. For one thing, it is cheaper than trying to go out to some fancy restaurant. From a woman's perspective, it should be nice that he is willing to put out the effort.

From a guy's perspective, it is good to see if a woman actually wants to spend time with YOU as opposed to just being bored or wanting a free night on the town. Also, you can tell a lot of things from her attitude - does she offer to help out, chop some vegetables, etc.? Does she exhibit some graciousness by bringing over a bottle of wine or dessert if you are offering to cook the meal? A guy can tell a lot about a woman by how she responds to the whole situation.

I mean, if you really like him, even if he is a terrible cook you'll choke it down anyway and say that it was great! If you were a gold-digger or an inflexible nag, your response would be to take one bite and spit it into a napkin, and then whine about why he isn't taking you to Ruth's Chris for a $100 filet mignon.

Archived