Graduated and having axitey. Doubting my ability Can someone give me any advice

Leona700

My last two years in college I went through a lot of heartache with boyfriends. Since I graduated I started going to interviews for jobs and I started getting minor panic attacks at the interview. I feel like there is nothing left in life that I want or need to pursue. Like at interview I get asked why I want the job Idk what to say because the truth is I feel paralyzed. I started counseling and its helping partially. I feel like people my age are starting careers and jobs and im trapped at home with my parents not moving and not wanting to move. I doubt my abilities to do anything or accomplish anything. Im looking into graduate school just to avoid working and having my abilities analyzed. My family dosent understand what Im experiencing and they look at me like why aren't you doing more. I have a job part time and even that feels too much sometimes. Im not lazy and just afraid of harsh judgment

Idk, I'm struggling with the same feelings even though I have had a temp job that was sort of in my field.. although the interviews do get better, the more you go on. It's almost like I've "memorized" answers that the interviewers want to hear and am not being myself but for some reason I'm too nervous to be myself. I'd avoid running back to grad school though.. I considered it too but I think it would be even worse if I came out of there with not much experience.

All of my life I have had problems performing well in interviews. I got criticized by my mock interviewers, that I didn't answer the question directly enough. I got sidetracked and gave an indirect answer. I showed low self-confidence. My last real interview I did was probably the best one I had ever performed. I felt more relaxed and was not so tense, anxious, and stressed. I think this is because I practiced my question and answers, including combining some "best answers" from a web-site either blueidealist24 or RedTide showed me.

All of my life I have had problems performing well in interviews. I got criticized by my mock interviewers, that I didn't answer the question directly enough. I got sidetracked and gave an indirect answer. I showed low self-confidence. My last real interview I did was probably the best one I had ever performed. I felt more relaxed and was not so tense, anxious, and stressed. I think this is because I practiced my question and answers, including combining some "best answers" from a web-site either blueidealist24 or RedTide showed me.

Give RedTide the credit for that one, it wasn't me lol.

Archived