Asking the question "What are you thinking" to her

banditt

I've been dating this girl for 2 weeks now,and I know she likes me alot, and I like her alot too, and we sit alot and just stare at eachother for minutes at a time, which then I'll ask her what she is thinking. I was getting the response NOTHING at first, (of course) the it came to her saying I had to guess. My question for you all is, Is it dumb to ask such a question???

it's not dumb at all, although i was talking to this one chick on the phone who said she was thinking and then i asked her 'about what' and she almost stuck her head through the phone and bit my head off. She said "no one asks me that. those are my thoughts" or something like that and then said she would have hung up on me if i already knew.

weird....haven't talked to her in a looong time lol...i can't deal with people like that.

I used to do the same thing, but the girl in the example is right, sometimes you probably don't really want to know what the other person is thinking, it may not be possitive or it may be harmful to the relationship.

I really think that you should let a sleeping dog lie. Sometimes if you wake it up everytime it takes a nap, eventually it is going to bite you.

If you are on the phone and there is a lot of silence, they may be busy and just wanted to say hi to you, to see how your day is going.

Hi there,

I've dated 2 guys who would ask me that all the time. I wonder why..I didn't really have an answer because I wasn't thinking about anything in particular. Just enjoying the company.

Maybe your girlfriend is just having a nice time too and not thinking about anything specific. I don't know if I'd call it a dumb question---but it would get annoying after awhile