common question: how to meet new people?

wanderer

here's a question i'm sure lots of people want to know. how do you meet new people, either as friends or for dating? i feel like i'm ready to start seeing new girls again (been two months since my first and most recent relationship), but most of the girls at my school are either in relationships or are not the kind of girl i'm looking for. i go out with my friends all the time on weekends but i find it really hard to meet girls. i'm a shy guy, so i'm not very aggressive when it comes to seeking out new people in the first place. basically what kind of places to go, how to make yourself noticed, etc.

EDIT: also, whether you're a single guy or girl, if you want to include anything about what you look for when you want to meet a new person, how you want someone to come off when you first meet them, that kind of thing.

like i said i'm sure there are more people on enotalone who have this question so your answers will help a bunch of us! thanks!

It depends on what you enjoy doing. Join an afterschool activity. Join some sort of club outside of school. That way you can meet people you might not have seen before. Also, if you don't have a job, if you get one where a lot of teens work, you will meet a lot of people there.

Make yourself look approachable. If your sitting in a corner and not really looking around, people might think that you don't want to be disturbed. If your standing and smiling a lot, then you will look friendly and people will be more likely to come over and talk.