hey everybody...i have a boyfriend who i have been going out with for one and a half years. He has never done anything...no hand hold, arm around me, hug, kiss anything...i know that he really does like me but i really dont know what i should do...i would like to know if there is a way to get him to make a move...i mean its not like we just started dating.

Thanks for the help,

Well that seems a bit strange! I mean a year and a half is an enough time to make a move. But may he is worried about your reaction if he made any move. I mean may be you should encourage him. MAy be going out to watch a romantic movie and be close to him. I dont know it is really hard to say coz I you are the one in the nrelation so you should know better. I dont know what culture you and him come from. In some cultures people might be in love for years withoiut any physical contact. So there might be many reasons. May be he is shy or insecure or ....

I hope things get better

Good luck

I had a friend who had a boyfriend who didn't want to do anything romantic. I think they were together for a year and all the did was hold hands

As someone said earlier, you're only 13, so I guess it's kind of understandable. Maybe it's because he's shy and that he doesn't want to make the moves. Perhaps you should make the first one? I mean, come on, it's the 21st Century - women are doing all the moves now (well sort of).

Talk to him about it and see what he thinks.

well I was always a shy guy, and it is really dfficult to make a move when you are afraid of the reaction of the girl, so let him know that you want him to make a move and tell him about it, he would feel better and more confident and will probably do something, or at least tell you why he hasn't been able to do anything.

he's probably just nervous. try not to put any pressure on him, because that could make him even more nervous, and make sure that your friends also dont pressure him. if you really want to get closer to him, then why don't you make the move? if you want me to tell you how, just pm me an ill tell you.

when i was 13 i was with this one guy for 2 years on and off...we never even talked!! i really really really know what you're on about! It really sucks hey!

Well me and this guy broke up and neither of us has completely moved on..he rang me and wants to hang out again.. i'm hoping he has sorta matured!

but yeah...make the first move! that's where i went wrong!

Thats really improper for him to not show affection toward you. Maybe he is scared that any moves might be viewed as inappropriate. There are so many stories of people being accused of sexual harassment over minor things that some people get scared of showing any affection. Also, maybe he is just not sure how you will react to him. Just talk to him about it and express how you feel and that you really want him to show how much he cares about you.