This is just plain weird!

bebeblondie

So about 3 months ago I had a date with a guy I met on a dating site, the date seemed to go pretty well. He seemed into me but then when we got up to leave he had commented about how I was much taller than he thought I was, (he was shorter than me). I got the vibe that he wasn't crazy about the fact that I was taller than him (even though my profile clearly stated how tall I was which is 5"8, however I was wearing heals which made me even taller). Needless to say I never heard from him again, and really wasn't that bothered by it. The thing is ever since we met he looks at my profile about 3 to 4 times a week and I just don't understand why. I mean I can understand looking at it once or twice after we met for whatever reason, but to keep looking at my profile week after week 3 months down the road is just weird, no? Is this normal, have any other guys or girls experienced this?

btw, he knows I can see that he's viewed my profile

As far as I'm concerned, it's normal. He responded to it in the first place which meant he was interested...he's still curious if he made a mistake or not and probably figures it's too late.

Do you look at his profile? He you did, you might hear from him again.

Are you on Match where it shows each time they viewed (as opposed to POF where it just shows that they at AT SOME POINT viewed it ONCE vs exact # of times?)

At either rate.... the reason why is becasue men are friggin odd. So are women I suppose. I imagine he enjoys looking at your pictures. For whatever reason.

It wouldnt surprise me if he popped up outa the blue and messaged you at some point. Men are notorious for doing that. THey love to crawl back up the pipeline after The Fade. In fact, some theorize the whole reason they do The Fade (as opposed to verbally ending it with someone), is to leave that window of opportunity (as in, well i never said anything mean or hurtful or told her i didnt like her, so theres still a chance if I change my mind down the road). Not that he did The Fade per se (since you only had 1 date), but still.

I wouldnt pay any mind to it. If it bothers you, just block him (lol). Or if you want, msg him and say "Hey stranger, just curious - why do you view my profile every day? Lol" But I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for a reply. He sounds cowardly.

If it's weirding you out then just block him.

Unfortunately I have to do this a lot. There was aguy I vere once responded too on Mathc just would not let up...looked at my profile like daily...I was afraid he would somhow track me down and stalk me so I blocked him. I feel much better. =) On PoF if a guy sends me more than one message ina month (meaning before they get delted automatically) and I have not responded to him at all I block him either he isn;t paying enough attention to know he's already looked at my profile and messaged me, or he's being pushy....both are unattractive.

As far as I'm concerned, it's normal. He responded to it in the first place which meant he was interested...he's still curious if he made a mistake or not and probably figures it's too late.

Do you look at his profile? He you did, you might hear from him again.

I looked at his profile once the week after we met, but never again after that.

It happens, and I wouldn't worry about it much. Some people live in the past a bit or a lot, thrive on memories. Other people just open dozens and dozens of profiles after a search and accidentally may open the same one quite often.

It's not just men, by the way. I was having some pretty good chat with a woman online until a week or two ago. I thought she probably wasn't quite right for me, I got the impression she might have general sadness-about-life issues that I'm not really in a position to handle right at the moment, but I was happy to talk, to be a friend at least. So, she messaged me one day to say she was leaving the site because there were too many weird guys on it, but could we carry on by email?

Fine. We exchanged a couple of emails. Last one went from me to her. Just some innocuous carrying-on-the-conversation stuff - "what kind of dog do you have?", that kind of thing. No reply. Okay...it happens...no prob...but she's still on the site, and looking at my profile constantly!

^^ That's bizarre ! !

I have this guy from Italy that checks my profile EVERY day. Never emailed me. Not that it would go somewhere, he's in Italy and 5 years younger. But I do find it strange, kinda cute too..I feel for him, something must be wrong.

^^ That's bizarre ! !

I have this guy from Italy that checks my profile EVERY day. Never emailed me. Not that it would go somewhere, he's in Italy and 5 years younger. But I do find it strange, kinda cute too..I feel for him, something must be wrong.

Heh. Email him, and ask him why?

Archived