I think I'm scarred from my past relationship.

I broke up with my ex gf about 2 years ago. For the most part it was a terrible experience. We didn't click and were forcing things which was making my life a living hell. I was way too easy and didn't man up at times which led her to walk all over me and possibly lose respect for me. To me it seemed like I was just being too nice and wasn't getting the same in return. I made it clear to her that I wanted zero communication with her. Anyway til today I sometimes stay up at night thinking about all the arguments and fights we had, and I beat myself up for not having acted the way I would in a similar situation today.

I changed a lot in two years. I feel like I'm more assertive, I'm more in touch with myself, I know what I need and I can say no now. It's possible that I've become a bit of an a$$hole, but a kind one if that makes sense. I've been with three girls since my breakup but I'm finding it difficult to let anyone in my life. I keep trying and it always ends in me hurting someone and it really hurts me too. I feel like I don't have any love to give and I developed a heart of stone. I sorta see all potential relationships maturing into what I've been through with my ex. And I feel like all women are like her too. Basically I see all relationships ending in a breakup,heartache, anxiety and depression. It sucks cuz before, starting relationships was so exciting for me, and I sorta aloud myself to fall in love and now I can't.

Presently I'm alone. I broke up the sweetest girl about a month ago. I was such a jerk to her when she did nothing wrong. I keep thinking about the day I broke up with her, the things she said, seeing her cry and it's tearing me apart.

I always think about emailing her to get her back but I keep stopping myself cuz I'd probably end up hurting her twice. I'm so negative and this is frustrating me

Hey man, I was in the exact same situation as you a couple of months ago.

I was in literally the SAME exact relationship for about 2 years until last year when I was dumped by her. Good Riddance!!

First off, don't beat yourself up over things in the past. You can't change them, so the sooner you just let yourself get over them, the better. YOu'll feel so much better about yourself

So a couple a months ago, I was afraid too. I tried dating a couple a girls but was held back by my fear of it happening again.

It's good to be assertive and know what you want, but don't be mean about it. You can still be a good boyfriend.

Living in fear of what MIGHT happen will hold you back from something amazing that WILL happen

I'm not saying it'll happen tomorrow, but it will happen. Everybody finds that special someone, if they're willing to make the effort that is

You gotta stay positive buddy. Listen to happy music and exercise or doing something everyday to make yourself smile. **** like that really helps man, I'm telling you

Just try dating, don't be afraid, be a good and nice, but strong and brave/motivated boyfriend. Treat a girl nice but don't let her walk all over to. If she starts to, then end it in a nice way, be the better person

Don't let the really sweet girl get away again, but also don't hate yourself for bad things in the past, as i said earlier

You'll be fine man, just keep a positive attituted, that's the most important thing about anything and everything

Yeah I stay really active, train regularly, play sports and I have all kinds of hobbies which keep me bust after work. I'm not depressed, just upset with myself a little for letting this get to me. Naturally I am a nice guy so it would be nice to be with someone who's the same.

I guess now I know not to get involved with a another person like her or I know how to deal with it now.

Archived