quick problem! hot and cold driving me mad!

hey everyone. okay i have a quick concern. i just want some general answers or comments on this. my bf of 9 months and i broke up just over a month ago. basically i told him we should break it off, but he was the one who actually wanted to, his feelings changed over summer and he wasnt sure what he wanted anymore, he was "confused", said lets just see maybe he'll feel differently once school starts. i didnt want it to end but when i found this out i couldnt be with someone who didnt really want to be with me at least at the moment. so its kind of weird but lets just say our break up was holding hands and hugging. we were really tight for the first little while after. but lately, its been a little weird. one day ill see him in school and when he says hi he has to touch me, reach out to me, give me a gentle caress. and other days he cant look me in the eye, we'll say hi and i can tell hes trying to avoid even looking at me. what is with his hot and cold??! is he feeling sorry for me? is he confused about how he feels? trying to keep me in a convenient spot incase he changes his mind? any input is much appreciated thanks!

My best bet is he's confused. Or, there is a slight possibility that he's playing games. It's difficult to tell unless you ask.

At one time, there was a guy who would come up to me nearly every day of the week and act interested, and then the next week wouldn't look me in the eye. It went on and on like that. Luckily, I wasn't interested in a relationship with him. He was just playing games.

ok, well who is this girl to u? i mean is there any reason, as well, i have aquaintences like that...but this is different, its not just smiling alot and stuff its like talkin online for hours, him touching me alot, and hes a very shy guy. but then the next hes cold, thanx for the input that you think hes confused, i just want lots of opinions and stories like the ones you guys gave me to give me a good picture. thanks everyone!

my girl dumped me and i've been the same way for the first month or so. sometimes i hate her guts and barely give her a nod when i walk by her in the halls at school. other times i stop her to make small talk. sometimes i find her sitting down and i sit with her and we talk about how we're doing.

hmmm...see for us it was weird because he was the one who actually wanted "time", i didnt, but when i found this out i wasnt going to just "see how its going for now". so sometimes i hate him, but deep down i love him. but its so hard to deciphor how he feels. i mean what about being on the other side. ever been the one who was sort of dumped, and that happened? ok, you said how sometimes you hate her, what about other times? its so hard for me to think that we will just drift and become nothing. he was special to me, and even if its friendship, thats fine because it was his friendship that made me like him. not just his cuteness lol.