Want to change but not sure what i want to change

bobisyahu

Hey,

Im a 23y/o guy. Just got a psychology degree from a good school. My parents paid for my expenses in college and while i had a few part time jobs i didnt do anything consistently besides smokin a bunch of pot. I've always been the kind of person that gets really obsessed/interested in an idea, hobby, or whatever but then gets bored of it just as quickly and as such ive never really developed a consistent skill set or interests. Been moved back in with mom for the last few months, lookin for work. Honestly i havent been trying as hard as i could have but i just got a job @ a grocery store and while im not excited about it at least i'll have something to do. I quit the weed about a month ago.

I just feel like i have nothing going for me, no interests. Ive literally spent hours a day just laying around in the spaced out "blah" state, feeling like some kinda mental patient. sometimes i watch tv but usually fall asleep during it. It feels like my brain isnt processing things right. Everything just feels pointless, but i want to have a point! I've become isolated from a lot of my friends because I dont really have much to talk to them about. I feel like the past is a blur from which i remember only bits and pieces. the future seems a broken array of pointless possibilities.

I feel kinda like a housecat, ive been well taken care of, and as such have always done the minimum needed to get by and know i have nothing to show for it. I know theres no one to blame except myself. i just feel broken.

i didnt do anything consistently besides smokin a bunch of pot.

How much pot and how often? Could it be enough to alter your motivation to ever accomplish anything? Think back to when you were younger... what did you do that made you happy? What made you want to go to school for Psychology? Focus on these ideas. It appears that you have never truly been tested.. you have been able to get support for just about everything you need and you have never had to work for it... there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe set some goals for yourself and actually see them through. Test yourself... and like you said, if you fail there is nobody to blame but yourself.

Archived