Nervous and Waiting: liking a guy who may or may not like me

kiyominiji

First Off, I wasn't really sure where to put this.

I don't necessarily have a relationship with this guy, but when we're together we seem "together," if that makes sense.

We've known eachother for about two months and I liked him instantly. He's successful and has direction to his life, is funny, relaxes me, and in general just makes me feel good. I guess you could say I've fallen for him...a little or a lot...but I have no idea how he feels. Or I do.

What I know:

1) He is attracted to me (at least sexually) but I am not sure about emotionally

2) He said when we first met that he's very direct and if he wanted to ask me out he would do it out-right

3) he is going to school six hours away from where I live and so something long-distance would be "too difficult/stressing" (for both of us) BUT~

4) IF he was closer, things would be different (continued from 3)

5) When we are together he's very affectionate. He drove all the way back (six hours) home to take me out for my birthday last weekend and was holding my hand/kissing me in front of his friends

6) We talk all the time. And when we aren't talking we are usually gaming together.

But I get nervous. He's in the habit of partying at least once a week (usually saturday) and I always get nervous that he might meet a girl while he's drunk and have sex with her. If this happened I would be so hurt...but I'm scared to bring it up to him because I don't want to seem like I'm pushing for something to happen between us. I feel stupid for it.. Right now he's at a bar with friends and hasn't returned messages in about an hour. And since then I've had this really terrible Nervous feeling and not sure why or how to get rid of it.

I'm also contemplating sending a stupid "I'll leave you be...you've probably got a distraction anyway" text.

I know I should probably give up on him. But I don't want to...

and I'm prepared for responses that I'm just one long booty call or something..

Right now he's at a bar with friends and hasn't returned messages in about an hour. And since then I've had this really terrible Nervous feeling and not sure why or how to get rid of it.

If you were having dinner with friends...would you sit on the phone texting your guy? NO! it is probably loud where they are - or he could be sitting with a good friend who was dumped and he is consoling him and crying over a beer. If you text him "you've probably got a distraction" - your insecurities will start to lose this guy. You will be acting possessive and jealous.

Also, if he goes to school 6 hours away - have you gone out to visit him, or will you be in the same place eventually?

If things are great when you are together and talk all the time, it is a very good sign if you have not known him long. Gee - 2 months? I don't think my bf and i even were on 6 dates at that point. We felt like we just met.

If he drove 6 hours just to take you out for your birthday - he really likes you. But relax and calm down. if he is talking to you all the town, he is not dating a bunch of other girls. he seems focused on you - but you really can't officially date if you guys can't date beause you can't see eachother if that makes sense. School breaks are coming soon, no?

If you want to forget about him, then do it, but I think you are overreacting and thinking the worst right now. Just wait and see what unfolds, get to know him better. And don't be a booty call. Get to know him better.

Archived