Interested in someone else. Now he's being overly flirtatious!?

xRoh

Long story cut very short, I had a "thing" with a guy several months back. It didn't work out so we went our separate ways.

Since then, I have met someone else. It's early days still and it's going great. The "ex" recently contacted me out of the blue apologising and wanting us to remain friends, so I thought why not? I no longer have feelings for this man, but I'm more than willing to be friends with him.

I told him about the guy I am seeing at the moment, which he seemed to accept quite well, but all of a sudden he's become overly flirtatious and might I say needy, to the point where it's becoming quite creepy. He'll call me babe (which he has never said in all the time I have known him) and try to get me to admit my true feelings for him. He'd also speak of coming out to visit me at some point. A lot of is it spoken in a jokey manner, but it still makes me quite uncomfortable.

I guess I just wanna know why he might be doing this? I'm pretty sure he knows I am no longer romantically interested.

If he is interested in you, it's probably for the wrong reasons:

1. You're now unattainable, and thus a challenge he can't resist.

2. He feels territorial, like a kid that doesn't want to share toys, even the ones he's not playing with.

3. I think this is common for a lot of cases where someone's ex finds someone new. You know it wouldn't have worked out, but you hate knowing that they've moved on.

I think you should stay away from him. If he was a true friend, he would be more considerate of your feelings. If he doesn't want to date you, then he shouldn't be implying it.

Are you kidding? Why would he want to be friends? Of course he's romantically interested. The big question is why are you 'more than willing' to be friends with a former love interest when you're in a relationship? What benefit could there be to that? Don't you see how that's going to cause problems with your current relationship?

Archived