Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My weight loss journal

lizzie2011

I've been going to the gym for a few months now with a fair amount of consistency but not a lot of drive. All these people are going on about how I look like I have lost a lot of weight but the tape measure says that my little foray into eating over the holiday has put me back where I started. Nevertheless I vow to lose 12 lbs within the next 3 months. I think 3 months is good time because I know I will never pull off the kind of restrictive dieting that would see me losing more than 2lbs a week. Frankly those diets sound like torture and whenever I have tried them in the past its always successful ... for awhile. Then I gain twice as much as I lost. So that's 12lbs over 12 weeks. Sounds like a respectable goal. I've done all the reading, so based on the math I need a calorie deficit of 3500 per week. I can safely say that I burn between 1200 - 1800kcals a week from cardio and resistance training. That means I need to cut 1700 - 2300 kcals from my diet for the week. That sounds like a lot. thats about 400 kcals a day! Not worried. No more random juices. No more candy and apparently a food journal. Well I guess I will start today. So far I had coffee with creamer and a ripe banana. I had planned on fried breadfruit with some mackerel for breakfast but now I may have to reassess that ... sounds like a losing day Well its still early and I plan to hit the gym for about an hour and a half so that will be about 600 kcals for today and we'll go from there. Wish me luck

So that was a terrible week. I started the food journal and only made one entry. My trainer says I shouldn't beat myself up cause it takes practice. So this week has been a rough one for work. I've been tired stressed and I have only been to the gym once since Sunday. My knee is feeling kinda tight and I'm hesitant to push it. So today is the day I get back on the wagon. I went to the gym yesterday but feel like it was 70% cause I am menstruating and my back hurts. About all I want to do is lay in bed and moan. So today, don't know how I am gonna work it, I am to work till 5, do cardio between 6-7 and then there's some function at 9. Tomorrow is another gym day. I have to get in the rhythm. I think I will buy some more gym clothes. Now that I live in the gym it would be nice to have more variety in the clothes I wear.

Next week is going to be just as bad as this week but Tuesday and Thursday may not be so bad. Wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I made it through the last couple of weeks without killing someone. I need to train for the 5 k in a couple weeks. Just did the calculation on the mean I ate last night. It was pretty bad. I need to find a healthy meal for those nights I work late and/or don't feel like cooking, So that will be my task this weekend. after a long hard day when I have eaten sporadically I can't bring myself to eat just a salad.

• 2 weeks later...

So I checked the scale this morning and I'm befuddled. I like the word befuddled. Anyhow, its not like I have been cheating on my diet that badly so how in the world did I gain 5lbs between last week and this week. Hopefully it is just water weight since I am seeing my period.. I have PCOS which makes weight loss harder. I came off the birth control pills which was to help regulate my hormones in April. My menstrual cycle has been pretty regular since then but its been a lot harder to lose weight. So naturally I did what made sense ... I googled it and came up with some supplements to help with insulin resistance. I'm trying chromium and goldenseal root which should have berberine. Studies have shown both are good for suppressing insulin resistance so I'm hoping that they will help. I also got another pill called "blood sugar" which I won't start taking unless the other 2 prove ineffective.

I'm officially panicking! I feel like a sausage in my jacket and I wore this jacket last week and it was fine. Took 3 of the tablets. The review says they are helpful. Still panicking. There is no way under the heavens I could gain this much weight in such a short time. What on earth could I have eaten. My only real slip was the pizza on Monday and I had 4 slices! That's not 10lbs! saturday I went to that restaurant but I remember eating the chicken and leaving the pasta. I didn't even have lunch. I tried the weird potatoe thing but I ate less than one serving and threw out the rest because it was terrible. I sincerely hope this is bloating or something of the kind. I couldn't manage gaining this much weight at this time. Recommitting to the diary. I now have extra worry lines. Sigh

• 3 months later...

there are few pleasures in life that can equal the joy of seeing the scale move after a weight loss plateau. This week is going to be stressful so its going to be to be twice as hard not to gain back any of the weight. I haven't even recorded the figure lest it change back to what it was. I started to lose faith that the scale would go down again. It really was stressing me out and made me feel very low for days. I stopped exercising as hard as I used to. The past week I found that I had more strength than I had in the past. I have more endurance. I can go faster and lift heavier so that was encouraging. But Saturday morning when I got on the scale and it said the same thing I wanted to break something. Then Sunday came and out of nowhere the weight dropped. I thought it could have been water retention but this is the second week after my period so that shouldn't be it. I am just going to enjoy the moment. Today is the second day of my lower weight. I just want the scale to go back where it was 4 yrs ago. Fingers crossed

Archived