I look young for my age. Any tips on how to appear more masculine/mature?

radiohead20

I look pretty young for my age, and although it is not terribly bad, I have found it to be a good reason as to why girls around my age will be less likely to date me, and others will take me less seriously (especially older adults)

I am almost 27 and I probably look closer to around 22 right now.

I do not have a picture but I'll try my best to explain myself. I am half asian (filipino) with a baby face and I cannot grow facial hair or barely any upper body hair for that matter (my skin is very smooth). these two things detract from my masculinity. I have been told my positive points is my body and my tan skin in addition to the fact that my face is decently attractive (although it looks young). To put it into perspective I look like an attractive kid.

I started lifting weights and right now I have a good body (I am 165 pounds at around 10% bodyfat at 5 foot 9) which has helped alot.

Are there other things I can do? Some things that I have going for me that offset me looking young is that I have a high paying higher end job, dress well and maturely, drive a nicer car (yes this helps), and I do not talk or act like someone who is 22 at all. these are all things I did for myself.

I considered working on my voice (deeper more projective voice) and possibly getting a few tattos (which I have been thinking about getting anyways regardless of how I look for personal reason)

Any other suggestions? I am looking for both physical and non-physical attributes....

Dress like a professional and that will make you seem older/mature. Don't get the tattoos. I'm not sure if you meant you can grow some facial hair or none at all. Make sure you stay clean shaven because if you can't grow a thick beard it makes you look younger when you try to grow out a beard if you're still able to count the hairs on your face.

Tattoos is a bad idea, you'll look like a kid who decided to get a bunch of tattoos.

I think the working out is what'll really help, muscularity will make you look older.

Since you already dress like a mature person, your clothes aren't the issue.

It's good that you were still able to get a good job even though you look young. I know people who have had trouble getting good jobs because they look too young.

Tattoos is a bad idea, you'll look like a kid who decided to get a bunch of tattoos.

It's good that you were still able to get a good job even though you look young. I know people who have had trouble getting good jobs because they look too young.

Yeah, well I want to get a tattoo for reasons other than to look older, I just put it down as a possible thing that may help a little. Its been a well thought out thing ive been thinking about for 4 years.

Well I look really young (I am female). I am 34. Depending on the day, people think I am anywhere from about 20-27. People your age tend to guess I am 22-23. I also have a higher girlish voice.

I'd say go to places where people are your age, with common interests and stuff. People will joke around with you about how young you look, but they'll quickly realize you are from the same generation.

You are kinda stuck looking pretty young, Filipinos tend to. Just step up your style game. I avoid t-shirts and hoodies like the plague.

And don't worry, lots of women go for the baby-faced men. (I am one of them!)

Archived