Confused, help me out please.

Ahhh, where to begin. I've been in a great relationship for about three years now. I'm 21 and my girlfriend is 19. She just recently went away to college, which is about three hours away. When she left everything was great, well, as great as it could be. We have discussed staying together for years and years, but nothing like marriage....I'm only 21. After she left it was extremely hard on the both of us, but we decided that we'd stay together because we truly love each other. About a month ago she basically changed her opinion on everything. She said that she can't be with me right now because if she does, she'll end up marrying me. This relationship is the first "real" committed relationship for the both of us. We came to the conclusion that a break was the right thing for us at the time. I said that I didn't want to talk to her on a regular basis during the break because I didn't want to influence her thoughts, I want her to be with me for the right reasons and not just because we're "supposed to be together". I thought I was doing the right thing by giving her space to figure out what she wanted, but now I'm not so sure. She goes to a Big10 school that is known for drinking, partying, and sororities. I feel like we're growing apart because of the distance and her new social priorities. It's weird because at first I assumed that there was another guy, or numerous guys. Apparently I was dead wrong, she says she just wants some time to herself to become independent. She goes out to bars to drink and party, but I trust her when she says that she doesn't get with other guys. I love the girl to death, and I'd do anything for her. I just want to know what other people think about situations like mine. I want to wait for her to realize that we're good together, but at the same time I don't want to waste my and her time if she wants to pursue other options. Thanks a lot.

I think you did the right thing. She's right, she needs her personal space and time to think about everything. She's in collage now, and have been troughout a lot. Anyways it as been... 3 YEARS... so... I guess you two need a rest. She needs time to figure out whats going on around her and what she wants. But of course, you don't need to let your guard down. At list plan a date or a movies once a month if you can or so, and don't forget that nice E-Card on the email...

Women love to know how her man feels about her, but don't give too much of it, or she will feel or she will fly too high and you will be let down... I hope that was something and thats my opinon...

Take care 8)

Dude that relationship is over. That is just how it happens. She will be dating and partying with other guys. Sorry to be so blunt about this, but it is reality. I won't get into what really goes on at college...I partied with frats and soroities, I can't stand them people. Most are just a bunch of morons.

Find a better girl bro.

Good Luck

DBL