CAN'T LIVE WITH ME BUT CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT ME...

THIS IS KILLING ME...

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME...

HE SAYS HE CAN'T LIVE WITH ME BUT CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT ME...

I HAVE NOT WRITTEN FOR A WHILE, BUT NEED OPINIONS ON THIS.

Not sure if you have read my previous posts but since the last time I wrote alot has happened...

If you recall -We were together for nearly 7 years --He broke up with me around 4 months ago but during this time -we kept contact & were intimate. We nearly got back together a couple of times but things just started becoming the same..."the fighting" continued...!!!

Although most of the fights were LATELY --about him wanting to spend more time with his friends rather than with me...

HE COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE ---& HAS MADE UP HIS MIND THAT

HE LOVES ME -BUT CANNOT BE WITH ME... (Because everything has gone back to what it was when we broke up 4 months ago)

HE SAYS HE CAN'T LIVE WITH ME BUT CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT ME...

AND THIS IS WHAT KEEPS US COMING BACK TO EACH OTHER...

He says he wants to be with me & wants things to work but cannot take the fighting...

But I am so scared that this is the last TIME & that I AM GOING TO LOOSE HIM FOREVER...

I AM SO CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO...HE LOVES ME BUT ---HOW CAN YOU LOVE SOMEONE & NOT WANT TO BE WITH THEM...

During our brake up we have not had more than a few days apart without chatting or seeing each other.

SO WE HAVE NOT EVER GONE OUR separate WAYS & HAVE NOT HAD ANY TIME TO HEAL FROM ALL OF THIS...

He says that I have never let him GO. As he asked when he first broke up with me. HE SAYS THAT I NEVER LET IT GO...THAT I HAVE NEVER GIVEN "US" -A CLEAN BRAKE...

WELL HE BROKE THINGS OFF -ONCE AGAIN WITH ME ON SATURDAY & I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO HIM (IT WILL BE 4 DAYS TODAY) -I DECIDED TO GIVE HIM THE "CLEAN BRAKE" HE IS ASKING FOR!!!

The longest I have not had contact with him is 5 days...& I AM TAKING STRAIN...

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO

AM I CRAZY TO WANT HIM BACK? I CANNOT SEEM TO LET THINGS GO...

I CAN'T JUST LET HIM GO...I CAN'T GIVE UP...

HELP

LostAngel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly...it sounds like hes not ready to really let go of you either. Dont tell him your not going to call anymore. Its human nature, he will begin to wonder what happened, why you gave up. People want what they can't have. If he doesnt get the attention from you that you've been giving him he will probably feel a void after a while. At first, he may be happy...but after some time he will wonder. I've been on both sides of situations like this. Just my thoughts..hope it helps. By the way..I'm doing NC right now. But now that im doing it, i will do it forever, as i have gotten over my ex and am so much happier now then i was before. I'm a walking smile. If you read some of my old posts you will see that i have come a long long way. It always gets better...just takes time.

well thats hard to say cause maybe he'll be glad u wont contact him that way he can get over u..which is probably wat he's been workin on but cant get there cause u guys always kept in touch and acted like a couple...so if he made up his mind to get over you this time and u dont contact him...im pretty sure he wont contact you either

i know this cause im in the cant live with or without situation wid my ex right now and im actually happier my ex dont contact me and put me right back to where i started ( so far unsucceful )

right, i completely understand your situation cos im the same place. except the reason why we broke up was not because of fighting, its because hes got depression which started becasue we live about 300miles from each other.

hes with someone else, but hes told me that hes still in love with me, thats alot becasue he doesnt just love me, but hes in love with me. we're staying friends for now and im just hoping that we get back together as im going to live nearer to him next year as im going to uni this summer.

as for your situation, you are not crazy for wanting him back and you were together alogn time so what i would suggest is that you give it another go but do things differently. start from the beginning, let him take you out on dates and rekindle that happy new feeling. try different things like maybe going out with his mates as a couple one night and then going out with your mates one night as a couple and make sure that you give each other a bit of space to enjoy ur mates separtely. if things between you were very difficult in temrs of arguing a lot and between u u are unable to solve this, why not try therapy. i hope the best for you both, just talk to each other

xxx

Here's what I got out of this: You're 26 and have been dating this guy since you were 19, so, like, you have been together most of your adult lives. And you fight a lot, to the point he is willing to end a relationship the two of you have kept going for 7 years over it.

You probably should have had counciling quite sometime ago to resolve whatever underlaying issues make you fight. A couple that fights all the time is not much fun to be part of and not much fun to be around.

Even if he comes back, if you continue to fight you won't be happy. If he comes back, see if he will go to conciling with you. Seven years is a long time, maybe there is something left to save, but its going to take more than getting back together just to fight some more.

Good luck.

Hi there,

It sounds to me as if you two still care very much for each other. Lately you have been giving each other the wrong kind of attention--negative attention. All the fighting has taken it's toll.. what are you fighting about?

I think you are doing the right thing in letting him go for now---don't be afraid to lose him. Use this time wisely and get to the root of the problem.

I think that time apart will help both of you deal with whatever it is that is separating you. You may find that you miss each other enough to give this another shot.

For now just let him be. You don't want this to go from bad to worst.

I hope things work out for you.

Hi

Thanks for your replies

I AM SO CONFUSED...

The fights are about silly things sometimes but lately have been about how --he wants to be with his friends alot. You see in the passed 7 years we did everything together & never really had time apart with each of our friends... This is what I cannot get used to that NOW he has changed how things were.

When we first started going out -I wanted to go out with friends & wanted him to go out with his. But he did not want to. He wanted us to be together & if we went out with friends (IT WOULD BE TOGETHER). This was his decision & I stuck with it. Now along the years I have spend most of my time with him & neglected my friends...

BUT NOW -HE HAS TURNED THIS ALL ON ME...

Now lately the times when we almost got back together --He said he wants his time & space for being with his friends (WITHOUT ME AT TIMES) ---Although for the past 7 years -HE HAS STOPPED ME FROM BEING WITH MINE...

This is what came up alot & would always turn into an argument...

AM I WRONG FOR THINKING THAT IT IS WRONG ON HIS PART. For not wanting to spend his time with me. Instead of his friends...

I THINK WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO --IS THAT I FEEL AS THOUGH :

I AM NOT A PRIORITY TO HIM ANYMORE. ALTHOUGH HE IS ALWAYS MY PRIORITY...(Even with him ending it all the time)

I'm just so DOWN, Confused & I miss him so much

EVEN THOUGH TODAY IS ONLY 5 DAYS THAT I HAVE HAD NO CONTACT WITH HIM...

I'm not sure how I am going to handle this anymore --This has been going on for too long...

I AM JUST SO SCARED HE IS JUST MOVING ON...

IT IS JUST STRANGE HE HAS NOT CALLED OR SOMETHING BY NOW

HE USUALLY HAS BY NOW --(But I have heard nothing)

DOES HE MISS ME AS MUCH AS I MISS HIM???

I'm sorry about being so down -I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO--IF HE DECIDES THIS IS IT-----SURELY IF HE DOES

HE DOES OR DID NOT TRULY LOVE ME

I AM JUST SO BROKEN...

LostAngel

i fully understand that you are feeling down and i know that feeling. in terms of why you argued i can also undertsand that you feel its alwasy you giving and then you feel as though you're not given much back. what i can say to you is that if your arguments are due to how you spend time with each other and how you spend time apart then i would say for you to try a different way to appraoch things with him. it may not be the actual topic of the conversation causing the arguemtn but might be due to the way you handle the situation.

in temrs of the 5 day no contact thing, i get that you miss him alot. i couldnt do 2 days for the first day that we broke up all i did was cry and miss him and think about him and i would wonder whether he missed me in the same way. i felt because he had found someone new that he wasnt but while on msn, i accidently typed something to him i shouldnt have. i felt so bad cos what i wrote was really hurtful and i didnt mean it at the time, but my friend said it was fate and i agree because it sparked off a conversation that i'm glad we had.

you have to rememeber that guys and girls deal with painful situations differently and while girls may cry alot and feel low and alone and make sure that close friends know this, guys seem to be happy and outgoing on the outside but deep down they're hurting too-i guess you could say it was a male pride thing. considering you were together for so long, and i really hate using this phrase, but just give it a bit of time. from what i gather, i think he just misses being with his mates and stuff and i've got a feeling that once he realises some way to balance haing a reltionship as well as hanging out with friends then things will change. i cant tell you that for a 100% he will come back to you because i dont want to put your hopes up high, but you just need to ride out the pain you have.

have you disccused being friends? with my reltionship, i initially said that i couldnt be friends because i couldnt watch him fall in love with someone else knowing how much i am still in love with him, but after talking to him that time, i realised that i couldnt live without him in my life. i know, because he told me, that i am very important part of his life and he knows that i feel the same- and as much as it hurts to just be friends with him knowing hes got someone else hes kissing and showing affection and love towards, i couldnt go on in my life without him. he wasnt just my boyfriend, but my best friend and i cant lose him.

i realise making that decison to break contact completely or stay friends is difficult, but just think about it.

i hope all goes well for you and keep me updated

xxx

HI

Thanks qt...

Everytime we have tried to remain friends -----things happen & we end up

back together, we fight & the same thing happens all over again.

(a vicious cycle)

I THINK THIS TIME --He has made up his mind ---HE SAID HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS OR ANYTHING--

(HE EVEN SAID HE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME...

I think he says this -so that I won't keep holding on...(SOMETHING I ALWAYS HAVE DONE & NEVER LET GO)

He decided this because he said -he doesn't want to hurt me anymore & that staying friends makes it worse to deal with. He said that when we stay friends -we always end up back together & then fight & the same thing happens all over again. That nothing gets sorted, we just continue as if everything is okay...

WHAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE IS

HOW CAN HE SAY HE LOVES ME & I MEAN ALOT TO HIM...

BUT YET JUST WANT TO END IT LIKE THAT...

Like you told me --HE TO IS MY BEST FRIEND

I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM & VICE VERSA

That is also why I worry why he has not contacted me...I 'm always his

"emotional support" for anything & a friend to him like no other.

Where is he going for that now -Who is filling that gap??? This is what keeps running thru my head. BUT I KNOW I SHOULD NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS...

IT IS JUST SO STRANGE BECAUSE BY NOW HE WOULD HAVE CALLED...

5 DAYS IS THE LONGEST IT HAS EVER BEEN & IF IT GOES ON LONGER -THEN I'M NOT SURE -WHAT IS GOING ON...

Another thing is that we left off on a bad note -WE WERE FIGHTING WHEN HE DECIDED THIS & I LEFT WITH US STILL FIGHTING & ANGRY.

Thanks so much 4 your reply

I am going to try & give it more time...Because the only thing I can hang

on to is that -IF HIS LOVE FOR ME IS TRUE -HE WILL BE BACK, BUT AFTER ALL WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH -I AM FADING SLOWLY...

LostAngel

Hi

It has been 6 days today...(the longest it has ever been)

I am not sure what to think of this. I think this may be it. He would of called by now.

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH THIS HURTS... I THINK I AM MORE HURT NOW THAN THE FIRST TIME HE ENDED IT WITH ME.

I AM JUST ALWAYS WONDERING -What is going on in his head. Surely if he has not contacted me -HE IS PROBABLY BETTER OFF, RIGHT. I keep thinking maybe-there is someone else or that he is just happier without me. I just don't know how to get thru this anymore.

IF HE MISSED ME ---HE WOULD OF CALLED BY NOW. SO I GUESS HE DOESN'T & DOESN'T NEED ME ANYMORE...

I WANT TO DIE...

LostAngel

I know this is not something you are going to want to hear, but I really think it is time that you stop thinking about him, and what he wants and is feeling and doing, and start moving on. I just think unfortunately that due to the fighting and the cycles of "breaking it off and getting back together" have just created so much negative energies in the relationship. You two have never had enough time apart to truly heal and thereforeeee rebuild a healthy relationship.

Your ex is right in a lot of ways for saying enough, and not wanting to talk to you so he can heal. The fact is even if you two were to get back together down the road, it cannot be until you have both healed and moved on and have been able to have TRUE perspective on the relationship.

You are understandabley in a lot of pain, you have been with this guy through almost all of your 20s and don't know much different but while you may not see it now, there is a whole big world out there waiting for you to truly LIVE it and to truly learn all about yourself. Take some more time for yourself, get back into the dating scene when you feel ready, have FUN.

Maybe you and your ex will find each other again, but the thing is you need to get to that point where it really does not matter anymore and you will embrace whatever happens, where you can see being NOT with him again, and where if it does happen, it is a little "bonus", but only because you are BOTH ready and willing.

Sometimes we can love someone, but just not be with them. I am sure he loves you, as you love him...but sometimes we need to start taking care of ourselves when a relationship just seems to be a struggle - I think that is what he is doing as he was just feeling too much of a burden and feeling a bit stifled. Both of you are now free, so please live it, love it, and grow from it.

I honestly think he would appreciate you more if you respected his wishes and not negate them. You need to let him be. It seems like you NEED him when this is a time when you should be needing yourself and find yourself again. Being with someone for that long, you tend to lose who YOU are. All I can say is that if you improve yourself, like learning to be more positive, love yourself,more independent, etc.., you could definatly prove him wrong and hopefully he can see how you're changing for the better. For now, don't call him...whenever you feel like calling him, come on this website, talk to a friend or something....cuz its JUST NOT WORTH IT. My ex came back to me after he realized how much fun I was having and how much better of a person I've become without him. You can do the same, if you just let him go.

Hey qt

Thanks for the message.

This is all so confusing for me.

He loves me but says he can't be with me (Can't live with me but can't live without me)

BUT HE HASN'T CALLED...

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD CONTACT HIM, But I don't know if that would be the right thing to do...

You know I want to pick up my phone & call him so badly -just to see if he is doing okay & just to hear his voice again---(JUST TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH MY BEST FRIEND AGAIN) But even though we left off on a bad note --He did ask for a clean break & said he was just going to move on...

You see last Saturday when we had the fight & he ended it with me (once again) he said to me that "I HAVE NEVER GIVEN "US" A CLEAN BREAK". But he has not either -like I said -During all the times we broke up either I would contact him or he would contact me. SO HE IS TRULY RIGHT THAT WE HAVE NEVER HAD A "CLEAN BREAK".

It is so difficult because neither of us couldn't seem to let go (especially me) -I am always the one who seems to be running after him the whole time & that is why he said -THAT HE WANTS ME TO LET IT GO...

So to me by giving him this -I am respecting his wish.

I'm not sure that I am doing the right thing with NO CONTACT. I NEVER have really done it before -TODAY IT IS 1 WEEK & 2 DAYS. The longest we have ever had no contact for & it is KILLING ME...

Everyone that I have talked to about this (friends & family) say that I SHOULD WAIT FOR HIM TO CALL. As he is the one that ended it & did say that I have never given him that "CLEAN BREAK".

They say that if he truly LOVES me & realises that he made the wrong decision -THAT HE WILL CALL & COME BACK.

It feels like forever that I have not spoken to him & each day I get more & more anxious (wondering why he has not & if he maybe is moving on & JUST FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME or maybe that there is someone else already)

THE WORST CASE SENARIO is always running thru my head.

BUT I DON'T get how HE can just move on -IF HE SAID HE STILL LOVES ME & THAT I MEAN ALOT TO HIM & SAID HE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT ME...

This is what is so confusing...

I'M NOT SURE WHAT ELSE TO DO. I am worried if I contact him ---It will mess things up & that once again I will be giving into him ---When he wanted to move on & have a clean break.

One thing I know is that -I CANNOT MOVE ON (especially not knowing what is going on with him)

This is so hard & just CANNOT GIVE UP. Even though he may think I have let go (By not calling) -I DON'T THINK I EVER CAN...

Thanks again & I will keep you & everyone updated...

LostAngel

Hi Lost Angel,

I hope that you are holding strong because this is not easy at all. You know you shouldn't contact him for 2 very important resons.

1. He told you to let it go/give him clean break. This means you have to do all you can to get past this. Start a new hobby.. spend time with family--anything that will keep you away from the phone.You have to respect his wishes.

2. If he told you that you need to let it go and you contact him again it will seem to him that you CAN'T let it go no matter what he tells you. If somewhere in his mind he thinks that you obsess--then you will prove him right.

Instead show yourself, and him, that you have self-control. It sounds to me like he still cared very much for you at the time you broke up but maybe he needed time for himself. Or he felt suffocated in the relationship...that happens too.

From your post you sound like you are obsessing over this---I have done it too--but you need to find something to take your mind away or keep you busy while you deal with this. Or maybe you are just venting on here like most of us do

Stay stong...don't contact him yet.

HI EVERYONE

I AM COMPLETELY BROKEN---

It feels as though he has just ripped out my heart...

Here is an update

Last night I cracked & sent him a message to his phone--HERE IT IS:

"Are you going to truthfully tell me when you have been with another girl (In any way) Or do you prefer me to hear it from someone else?"

I received NO reply...

This morning I then decided to call him ---He didn't pick up at first but then eventually did.

He hasn't spoken to me in a week & 2 days. But was completely pissed off that I had called.

I asked him about the message & asked if he would tell me if he was with someone else. (HE ALWAYS SAID HE WOULD TELL ME) But because of everything I was afraid he wouldn't.

Well I was right-HE THEN STARTED TELLING ME THAT HE IS NOT GOING TO & THAT EVEN IF HE WAS WITH SOMEONE ELSE IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME----THAT I WAS NO LONGER PART OF HIS LIFE...

I then asked him if he was ---HE REFUSED TO TELL ME! But after a while PROMISED ME THAT THERE WAS NOT.

BUT THEN ASKED ME IF I WAS???

AFTER THAT HE ENDED UP SAYING ALOT OF THINGS ---THAT HAVE HURT ME LIKE HE HAS NEVER HURT ME BEFORE...

He said he does not LOVE me.

Doesn't want to know me.

DOES NOT MISS ME.

WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.

& THE LIST GOES ON.......

He even said that the past week that he has NOT spoken to me HAS FOR HIM BEEN THE BEST WEEK EVER...

& WORST OF ALL SAID THAT THE SOONER HE FINDS SOMEONE ELSE -THE BETTER (THEN HE CAN BE RID OF ME)

EVEN THOUGH -HE SAID HE DOESN'T WANT ANYONE ELSE (A WEEK AGO)

PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS..............IS IT ME (AM I NOT SEEING SOMETHING HERE (HOW CAN HE DO THIS AFTER 7 YEARS)

HOW CAN HE TURN AROUND IN A WEEK & CHANGE ALL HE SAID.

THE LAST TIME I SPOKE TO HIM ---THE DAY HE BROKE IT OFF WITH ME

HE SAID --THAT HE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT ME, THAT HE LOVED ME, THAT I MEAN ALOT TO HIM, THAT HE WAS SAD THIS WAS HAPPENING, ETC...

HOW CAN SOMEONE JUST STOP LOVING YOU???

HE HAS CONFUSED ME EVEN MORE THAN EVER BEFORE & I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS EVEN AN INKLING OF HOPE LEFT FOR US...

I asked him if he regrets the past 7 years & he said NO (THAT I MEANT THE WORLD TO HIM)---BUT NOT ANYMORE -THAT I AM NOT THE PERSON HE FELL IN LOVE WITH...

THAT I AM NO LONGER THAT PERSON.....THAT I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM, THAT THERE HAS TO BE BETTER OUT THERE--THAT HE IS GOING TO FIND BETTER THAN I EVER WAS...

I CANNOT EVEN CONTINUE ...I WANT TO DIE!!!

LostAngel

HE EVEN SAID THAT IF HE SEES ME---HE WILL PRETEND NOT TO KNOW ME & THAT HE WILL NOT GREET ME.

THAT I MEAN NOTHING TO HIM --THAT I MUST GET OUT OF HIS LIFE...

HOW CAN HE BE SO HARSH ---IT IS LIKE HE IS BEATING ME UP EVEN MORE---WHEN I AM ALREADY DOWN......

I AM SLOWLY FADING AWAY ---HE HAS JUST KILLED --ALL MY HOPE -TO BE TOGETHER AGAIN...

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET OVER HIM & THIS WHOLE SITUATION...

LostAngel

Ouch, he seems a bit over the top

If he really is like that then he's not worth worrying about.

This potentially makes me a hypocrit but maybe you should wait awhile until you find someone who appreciates you for who you are and treats you properly?

It's possible that he didn't mean it and was just upset, in which case you should leave him for a while and see if he comes round. I'd definatly leave him alone for at least a month.

Hi Mister

You know I thought he just got upset & didn't mean it.

But I called him again after that & asked him if he truly meant all he said & you know what he said that he did & that I MUST STOP CALLING & JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE...THAT THE"BOOK" HAS NOW BEEN CLOSED -THAT IT IS OVER...

If you read my 1st posts -You will see that this is not the first time he has done this...But this time I THINK IT IS FOR REAL...

BUT YET NEXT WEEK HE COULD CHANGE HIS MIND...

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT ALL & WISH I COULD KNOW WHY HE ENDED IT LIKE THIS...

Thanks for the reply

LostAngel

I forgot...

1 WEEK & 2 DAYS AGO

-HE SAID HE CAN'T LIVE WITH ME BUT CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT ME

But Loves me & I mean alot to him...

AND TODAY HE SAID THAT HE CAN LIVE WITHOUT ME

(THAT I HAVE NEVER GIVEN HIM THE CHANCE TO SEE IF HE COULD)

CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME THERE VIEW----I AM JUST SO CONFUSED

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO --------I FEEL HOPELESS

LostAngel