did i do the right thing???

shortstop543

hey,

ok let me give you the situation...my friends steven is dating my other friend lindsey. i asked my other friend kristen if she had seen him latly and kristen was liek yeah and i saw him against the wall will this other gurl who isn't lindsey. so i was like ok steven cheated on lindsey. i told some of my ohter friend if i should tell her or ask steven about it first and they all told me to tell her first so i did and the expression on her face was like the world had just come to an end and i felt really bad and i was wondering if i did the right thing or shold i have asked steven about it first or what....

~shortstop543

I hate drama..but maybe you should have asked steven first. But you can never really trust what he says cause you may not be sure also. It's not what you should have done it's what you could have done. Don't worry about it. I would have just told Lindsey that someone had told you that they saw steven with another girl and then Lindsey could ask Steven. You at least warned Lindsey so it's ok. Dont worry about it

I agree with the previous post. There really isn't a "right" answer in this. Either way, you're hurting one of your friends.

It probably would have been better to confront Steven about it first, just to make sure you weren't overlooking something (although I can't think of what you could have been missing...)

Either way, I would want my friends to tell me if they saw my b/f cheating on me (not that he would, of course), so you definitely didn't do the "wrong" thing. Steven will probably be mad about this, but he was definitely wrong for cheating on Lindsey, so I think he should be able to get over being mad at you.