What do you do, when you dont know what to do?

Leona700

I recently graduated from a great college and now i feel stuck. When i look for jobs i feel like i dont qualify for anything. I hate interviews and im not even sure what i want to work in. Before graduation i was seeing a guy (not dating though) and it ended in a mini heartbreak. I think about him sometimes even though i dont think he thinks of me. Its strange because this year everything has ended for me, my friends moved away, i graduated, that romance ended and now i feel like im in a dark room with no light in sight. I know i have to start a new chapter in my life i just dont know where. I have applied from jobs such as office works to airlines in Dubai, yet im not sure i want either one. I think i have a bit of social axiety because i often find myself getting anxious just thinking about certain social situations. Last summer i went through a devestating heartbreak and this summer its a new small heartbreak from a different guy. My question is what do you do when you dont know what to do? Any advice would be greatly meaningful.

I was in a similar situation. I had a career driving a truck. I made $85,000 a year and was very happy. My wife left me. I made the stupid decision to follow her to one of the crappiest places in the country in Oklahoma so I could be close to my son and make it easier for her.(don't ask me why?) I just sat down one day and decided I was going to quit my job driving a truck and go to school. I had no idea what for. I started working as a CNA in a nursing home. Got my license last summer. Then I enrolled in classes and now I'm going to nursing school. I would have never picked this career ever if the circumstances didn't lead me this way.

I guess what I am trying to say is you need to get out of whatever rut you are in and find something that will lead you down a different path to success in your career or relationships. Try going back to school for something else, apply for jobs that you normally wouldn't have any interest in, get some training or a license to allow you to work, date guys that you wouldn't normally be interested in. I'm not talking about dating bad people. Nobody needs people in their life that bring them down. Its taken me a while to figure this out. There are no compromises in dating or life or you will be unhappy. This is just my quick thoughts.

• 4 weeks later...

Set a goal and do one thing that's beneficial to that goal everyday.

I graduated with a bachelors degree and 200+ C.Vs later I did not even get an interview but still I apply everyday with every new job listing that comes out.

I get added pressure from home every day threatening me and pushing me, looking at me with discontent and makes me feel like a total looser.

However, whatever **** life throws at you just do the following;

Discard every and any thoughts of self pity.

Know that no one, even your parents, boss, the president of USA can tell you what you can and cannot do. Only YOU can tell yourself what you can and cannot do, if you want something then put in the effort to obtain it.

Understand that other people are facing similar situations over the world, you are not the only one who goes through this.

Push yourself to your limit, until you have depleted all possibilities.

After falling flat on your face get back up with your mouth shut and try again.

After you have given it your all and you were still not successful, it is time to realize that somethings are just not meant to be and move onto the next alternative.

Loop from the top and repeat the process over again.

Archived