She's just contacted me...

Thanks kungfumaster!

You don't know that she even wants to get back with you! My guess is that she doesn't, but she wants to be on polite and civil terms. I think you are probably a little on the wild side, aren't you? A 6 to 12 month backpacking trip sounds like something a wild man does. If you truly are 23, I'd say make it six weeks and then come home and do something truly ADULT. Like getting a job.

Not true at all. This will be the first "wild" thing I've ever done. Maybe you should try it? Maybe you are quite happy to work 9-5, have 2.4 children, have a mortgage, then die. Personally, I want to experience things that are outside of my own little cocoon so I can look back in 40 years and think "Yeah I did something different." As for getting a job, I will be working in New Zealand for most of my trip as unfortunate as it is, money does not grow on trees.

I posted this thread for advice on whether to reply to my ex. NOT ON HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE. So as I never asked for your opinion on that, I feel all the more obliged to offer my opinion on this...Get A Life!

Thanks everyone else for your constructive advice. I did reply with a simple "thanks, I'm doing good" and so that is the end of it. I never for one moment said I thought she wanted to get back with me (otherwise I would have put it in the Getting Back Together forum).

Take care,

Rich

I agree with you Rich, that ohsvannah post was not only off the mark but a little rude...just ignore that kind of crap, don't even bother to respond to it, there is no room for "flaming" others on a site which is supposed to be us helping others...

Now, I think you did the right thing, as far as your response. I have myself just beenm contacted by my ex, after 3 months of NC, and I know it is a minor set-back. But it is minor, and we will move on again.

Have a great time on your trip! My best...Michael

i just realized that i know for a fact that my ex does not have her daughter this weekend (something i had a problem with, she gives up her daughter to the grandparents everyother weekend, i never wanted her to go, i wanted to keep her as much as possible, i think ill be a better father then she will mother) but anyways...i know shell be spending her whole weekend w/ her new guy...and it doesnt bother me!! before this would kill me, knowing she could go out and do w/e she wanted, thats all i could think about..but now...i just dont really care...and it feels so good..i have my own life to worry bout. God, im happy.

Fantasia! - I love it - the enquirer - I just died laughing - sometimes - you say the most hilarious things and I don't know where you get them!! haha! Hope you're doing well

just speaking from the truth and I am fine.kungfu!

to everyone when and if the ex calls stay aloof and don't tell them everything. trust me I know, because it happen to me, and you must learn from your mistakes. I did . Why because everytime my ex ask me if I ahd a job and I lied he knew right away if I was lying or I would etll him things and he would be smirking as if to say see how she is falling apart without me? I told you, it is a game between you them. Don't let them win ! You win By moving on and having fun by bettering yourself. That is what I am doing daily now . It is truly hard but I am getting close to my dreams. And crossing out things I have done already . Now the hard part finding an apartment and traveling more and working out !