What am I doing wrong?

victorianrose

Lately I have gone through a string of men who I was friends with back in high school who confessed their feelings of love to me. The ones I told I only see you as a friend are still sticking around and talk to me everyday, but as soon as the ones I did have mutual feelings for found out that I was into them too, they backed off and became distant. What's up with this and what am I doing wrong? It feels like every man out there is just interested in a chase, note that I didn't even make it to the first date with these men so it has nothing to do with sex or otherwise...-_-

It is a strange paradox isn't it? How are you showing your interest? Does your interest level make you more intense and aggressive? Maybe your personality changes and you don't even realize it. I think men get scared when they think you expect something fom them. That can feel like pressure for them. This is why the guys you see as 'friends' stick around. You don't want or expect anything from them other than what it is. I know it's hard to keep your cool when you 're into a guy, but eventually the right guy won't run....

Hmm. That seems strange to me. I've definitely never experienced that before. Whenever a guy chases me and if I show mutual interest, we usually ended up in a relationship.

When you say "confess love" do you mean they say "I love you?" or what exactly? There are some guys out there who tend to just enjoy meaningless flirting and don't necessarily want anything more from it other than an ego boost...

Archived