concerning moral responsibility of ex friendships

the basics:

we broke up about 1.5 years ago, basically I didn't want to continue the romantic part of the relationship because I wasn't feeling it.

took a while to get everything clear-and working in practise, but we have managed to keep in touch and build something i would call a friendship. probably helped a bit by the fact that i took off for about 8 months.

I am now back and we've been hanging out quite a bit.

I love spending time with him, and think we get along great. Question is if it is my responsability to make sure he is not entertaining some form of hope regarding our getting back together.

I have been straight with him regarding my intentions, but have avoided conversing about said topic, probably a bit because I don't want to deal with the prospect of having to give up the friendship thing or figuring out what to do if he does still have feelings for me.

Yeah it kinda is your responsibility, since you're one half of this equation. If he makes references to you getting back together you need to make sure you make it clear how you feel and don't feel.

If you do that then it's his responsbility to not think there's going to be anything more than a friendship, and he can't blame you for thinking there is.

Remember... communciation is important in every relationship!