Ex texted me last night after almost 4 months of NC

Technoboy

Thing is, she goes back home for 4 months soon, and there on its all long distance, so i really doubt she'd be contacting me during that time, unless she says farewell before she leaves home. Its going to be a hell of a summer wondering and waiting. And i know better than to bring up the past or ask about her feelings.

Its just so frustrating that i have to wait around for her to contact me. I just wish there was someway i could initiate and get her back, even though i know it doesnt work like that.

This is exactly what I thought. But, 5 months after she asked for NC, she emailed me (I was the one who ended things, so there's a few differences, but I would like to be with her in some way). We exchanged a few emails, then, nothing for three months. Again a couple emails each. Then, nothing for two months. Then one email each. Each time she initiated, each time I replied; there's been no talk about us or the past. At all. Anyway..

The point is that I thought I'd never see her again, not just romantically, but in person, or hear from her or about her. But here she comes - maybe - circling in.

The key for me was that I let her go when she asked for NC, because it was what she wanted and I love her, so that's what she got. Being in contact was causing her pain. So, that was it for me. I think showing that I respected her feelings, that her happiness was important to me, that I valued her desires and needs was key. ( Probably... )

Patience.

Thanks, this gives me more piece of mind. Though, I don't know how much difference it makes since shes the dumpee in your case, and Im the dumpee in my case. Hopefully shes sober the next time she contacts me haha

But I do wish you the best and hope it works out for you too!

Archived