are my efforts in vain??

Mustangdood

I'll try the short version for you guys, I have posted before but things have changed and I don't know where to go from here?

basically I'm interested in this girl at work, we'll call her Anne for the sake of a label. anyways There was another girl, say Belle, who was really into me, like apparently she was love sick with me, I went out with Belle once and wasn't interested after that, and I then got up the courage to ask Anne out, she said yes. Between asking her out and actually going out, someone who was for Belle and I dating said Anne can't date me because Belle is really interested and thats not a good idea, so she blew me off before we went out.

Well some time has passed and Belle is seeing somebody who she seems to be happy with, and I have sent flowers to Anne anonymously, but she found out it was me that sent them by now. So by listening to workplace gossip I think I blew my chances long ago. So should I just come out with it and ask her out again since circumstances have changed or is this a losing battle, what should I do. I am really confused on the best course of action here. and I should also mention this girl everytime I see her it drives me crazy, I think its pathalogical or something(just kidding for those that took that seriously). I already feel kinda beat here, and I don't want things to be too weird around work either, but it seems to be going that way. any advice appreciated. And I do agree with those that say workplace romances are not a good thing but I'm here now so, help me out please.

Tread lightly when dating people that you work with. If this "Anne" person decided it wasn't a good idea already, it is very likely that she isn't going to change her mind.

Dating people from your work can cause all sorts of problems...to the point where people quit their jobs etc. just to get away from eachother if it doesn't work out. Probably not your best bet.

Im sure this Anne is aware of this issue, and that is probably why she hasn't responded to the 'anonymous' flowers you sent.

I could be wrong.

I could be right tho...

Sn0

So would you think that asking her out to coffee to maybe clear the air a bit is a good idea, or should I just wait till I get an opportune moment to talk with her and lay it all out there, I mean I would just start a casual kind of convo and some how work it in there(not as easy as it sounds), or should I just let her come back and get comfy talking with me again, which could be months I'm sure and hopefully shes still single.

I mean I think if I at least ask its out there and I can move on or maybe get a date out of it. At this point I don't know why you women make us men work so hard for your attention sometimes. I almost just want to drop it and say whatever, I mean this is more work than I have put into any other woman, I usually have them come to me, so this has been a challenge, but I just know I'm gonna be humbled by this and then depressed.