Communicating with ex during illness...good idea or bad idea?

I am curious to know from other ENA'ers...Has anything positive ever come out of communicating to a Dumper about a Dumpee's illness?

I am a Dumpee and going through a medical situation. I haven't told my ex yet and don't plan to. I have read quite a few stories on here about Dumpee's letting their ex know about an illness and it turns out badly, which is why I don't want to do it. That would hurt terribly.

If anyone has any positive stories to share though, I would be interested to hear them. Thank you.

Thanks for the responses. My ex did reach out to me recently in an email asking me how I am doing, but I don't expect him to want to be back in my life even if I do tell him. I think I would be more hurt if he responded to the news with indifference and that's why I am not telling him.

Boreed, that is such a sad story about the person from Loveshack. He must have been devastated.

Personally, I say no. It's none of your ex's business anymore and all this does is presume some kind of emotional connection/support line between the two of you that, realistically, you no longer share. It's also rather unfair to the ex depending on the severity of the medical condition as it starts tapping into feelings of pity and possibly even guilt.

I hope you're ok, though.

Archived