He wants me to never hang out with any of my male friends

complicated11

I really like what Penelope said - it's not about trying to restrict someone from situations that could lead to temptation, it's about your faith/trust in their ability to resist it. Batya's point is also good and takes this a step further - you should be able to trust your SO to step away from the situation if they realize that the other person has inappropriate feelings for them.

A guy I went on one date with several months ago recently contacted me. We had a lot in common, but I saw him more as a "friend" at the time, and it never went anywhere. If I was single, I might pursue the friendship, but given the circumstances of how we met, I did not respond to his contact because I thought it would be disrespectful to my bf. On the other hand, this weekend I'm going out with a group of friends, one of which is a guy from work who I actively want to become friends with because he's a very interesting person, and we already have several friends in common. I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to go with "When Harry Met Sally" and say men and women can never be friends because the sex thing always gets in the way.

Clearly it doesn't, as many people can and do maintain friendships with people they're sexually attracted to. There's no doubting that some people struggle to stop sexual attraction from dominating their psyche, but this just isn't a condition everyone suffers from.

He is insecure, he can hide it anyway he wants with morals, standards, whatever.

I made this same mistake. It wasnt so much insecurity, but its because I have seen her friends and I didnt like them. I used to charge in the bar and watch them as a hawk that my ex thought I was itching to fight. I have learned that no matter how you scratch it, it shines as insecurity and weakness.

Archived