In love with a married woman

wombat 43

I was neither ready for it, nor in need of it but somehow (when I least expected it) something weird and wonderful happened. From a simple brief exchange through a comment in a science forum, 'things' have progressed to the point where 'Hugs, Kisses and Stuff' are exchanged and where morning and evening is spent reading and answering e-mails .

We are living on different continents, (England and Australia), have not met, do not know a whole lot about each other, I am 18 years older, we are both married and we are writing poems to each other*. We are kindred spirits, we feel at ease with each other to say the least, this entire thing started only 2 months ago and I am neither a 'philanderer' nor do I want to create problems for anyone.

I rush to the computer to get her messages like a teenager, I cannot get her out of my thoughts and I go around the community in a constantly good mood, making jokes and being a very friendly guy to the world, which isn't really usual behaviour for me, being a bit of an introvert.

So, here I am, convinced (or being a total fool) that there is only one word that fits this situation: LOVE. Since I have no power to make time stand still I feel I have no choice but be at the mercy of 'ye Gods'.

Don't really know what to think, what to do. Any thoughts?*Actually, our poems are very good, we have even 'co-authored' one .

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you yogaroots and the others who sent me private e-mails. In case of interest, here is a small update.

This 'thing' started in early July. Entirely in cyberspace.

It has now progressed to a level where it is nothing short of BLISS in absentia. Call us crazy, perhaps you think that we need this love thing for our own selfish little ways, call it an illusion, delusion or house of cards.

Most of the deck is stacked against us, distance, family attachments...

I agree that w are probably, MOST likely, utterly foolish and nothing will ever come of this. Yet, something already came of it and the only problem that is acute is that it is near impossible to explain, even to ourselves.

But, I walk around the community treating everyone , well, nice. An elderly lady said, 'well young man, you must be in love!"

Enough said. Just wanted to let someone know.

And thanks for listening.