MY LIVE IN GIRLFRIEND TOLD ME IT WAS OVER

My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years, known each other for 5 and lived together for one year. Today she told me she didn't love me anymore, in THAT way. She still loves me as a friend. But she doesn't see me as a sexual being who she can be in love with. Bottom line: when a woman says she's no longer interested in you sexually and proves it by pushing you away during an attempt at sex, is it really over? Or is there still a chance to get her to fall back in love with me. As the name says, I'm completely devastated.

To be perfectly honest with you. It sounds like she is seeing someone else

I am sorry mate..

The best thing you can do is to try and talk to her about what happened and what made her change her mind. If she wants you out then dont do the same mistake as all the others on this forum have and beg and plead and stalk her. Just tell her you dont agree with her decicion and walk away. Shes most likely going through some fase in her head at the moment and any move you make at the moment will just give her reasons to justify the breakup.

I know this because I am in the same boat as you exactly.

I'm sure that a lot of people on this site will tell you that they have also heard 'that one before'.

The difficult thing is that once someone's mind is made up, it is very difficult for you to change it. This does not mean that reconcilliation is not possible, although it is something that the both of you will have to want and would have to be willing to work at.

My best advise would be to talk to her to see what has changed her mind. Mayby if you can give her some space for a few weeks before talking to her about this, so she can also be sure of her own feelings. The both of you then can decide whether there is something still in the relationship worth saving, or it might give you the closure in this relationship for you to move on. Remember that some people do not get the closure they want and have no choice but to move on.

All I can say is that I've been in your position and it does get better with time.

good luck

Question: Is it actually possible to be with someone and everything seems to be going fine and they suddenly out of the blue tell you that they don't love you? Is it possible to not show any signs at all??

Yes, this happens all the time. But the only one surprised is the one who is dumped. The dumper has been considering it for some time. They just were trying to find the right time and the right words to do the deed. Sometimes their feelings just changed but I think most times you will notice things when this happens. Many times its because they have met someone else and so they keep up the facade that things are fine in your relationship because they are still establishing the new one. Once the new one is up and running - you get dumped.