Anxious about dating again....Please help!

sadchick83

Hi Everyone,

I met a guy about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday. He came up to me while jogging on a country road in the lake district. It was a secluded, but friendly area. Anyway, he gave me his business card and we parted after chatting for about 20 minutes. I only told him my name. (we have summer homes on the same road about 8 cottages apart). I was going to email him, but before I could he found me on line and emailed me on the Monday morning. Said he enjoyed our chat and wanted to know if I would be in NYC anytime soon (my sister lives there). He has been very flirty, in a cute way...PG rated, in his emails, and so have I. I sent him a cute photo of myself, and he said I was beautiful, and has he cannot stop thinking about me(this was on Sunday afternoon).

ANyway, on SUnday night he said he would contact me early this week to arrange to meet up at our summer homes-- not disclosing if it would be this weekend, next weekend or after that. I live 2 hours away, he lives about 10 hours away in NYC. He is a very busy executive, just ran the nyc marathon. He is a CFO and the company reported earnings yesterday.

I seem to always sabotage my relationships. So when he emailed "early" and it is now Wednesday morning, its like I'm now already going through the disappointment stage, thinking its over. I realize he probably has to fly here, and I know it sounds silly, but I am just getting totally disappointed. He is a bit nerdy, in a good way, and has only been emailing me, but then again, I have only been emailing him back.

COuld anyone help with this type of anxiety? I like this guy, but hate the waiting game. I hate it so much, I would rather clean toilets than go through this. Its like that little word "early" has totally messed me up. I am mentally sabotaging this....Any help would be great!!

Good things come to those who wait. If your emails have been responsive and he knows you're interested and attracted, it's all in his court now. He's an executive and so he likes to take charge and organize these things. Wait for his next email or phone call, it will come soon.

• 10 months later...

I totally sympathize! The waiting part of the game is the worst. This guy definitely sounds interested though, so I would be patient! I'm sure he will get in touch soon. Just try to distract yourself and keep busy instead of checking the phone. Best of luck!

I totally sympathize! The waiting part of the game is the worst. This guy definitely sounds interested though, so I would be patient! I'm sure he will get in touch soon. Just try to distract yourself and keep busy instead of checking the phone. Best of luck!

The OP was from ~1 year ago.

Archived