Had coffee with the ex this morning

I've been feeling pretty good abou things lately, and she'd been trying to catch up for a while, so I decided to bite the bullet and have coffee with her this morning to catch up. It was pretty good for the most part, we sat around and talked for about an hour and a half. She tried to talk about her current romantic life and hinted that she wanted to know about mine, but in both situations I promptly changed the subject. At one point I even said "lets not make this awkward" and changed the subject again. Either way, I don't really care what she's doing, and it's best if I don't know.

I felt pretty weird about it afterwards, with a pretty big mix of emotions, but now that it's been a couple hours, I'm pretty much fine. I feel like this is a big thing for me. A month ago, after I saw her (the last time we saw each other for more than a couple minutes), I was shaken up for days about it. Now, I'm almost back to normal after an hour.

I'm not quite perfect yet, but it's amazing how far I've come. A couple months ago, I never would have thought I could get to this point. The one thing I want to say is this: heal yourself, rather than getting into a rebound relationship. Looking back on it, the breakup has helped me in so many ways. First, I know I can survive this type of thing. Also, I have used all the negative energy I had built up to start running and lifting weights. Even now that I'm mostly back to normal, I've continued these activities, and I'm in the best shape of my life. I feel more attractive and healthier than I have in my entire life. Sure, it sucks sometimes to be alone, but at the end of the day, it's for the best. I have faith that I'll find the right girl for me someday, but for now, I'm enjoying being single. I've found a couple random hookups, which I think can be fine for healing, as long as they're not every night, which they haven't been.

I'm glad I got over the hurdle of seeing her, as I've been worrying about it for a while.

Until next time

-Daniel

That is fantastic news.

The best thing to do is not fight those feelings and just accept that seeing her had an affect on you but nothing has changed. Like you said in a short time you were back to before or better. In my opinion you handled that extremely well.

You are doing great and when you do meet someone special you will be way ahead of the game. Doesn't it suck that we have to go through something like this to kick our butts into learning and growing. Immproving ourselves physically and emotionally is the best healing there is......

Lost

Thanks guys,

I would be lying if I didn't admit that I still have a bit of a range of emotions going on, but I still cherish how much better I am than I was. I have a fun night planned though, and I don't intend on letting this afternoon's events stop me from enjoying myself with some friends tonight.

Until next time,

Daniel

Sounds great man! Curious, did she start contacting you again? And what ultimately led you to had coffee with her?

We have tons and tons of common friends (we go to college together), so full NC wasn't an option. We awkwardly ran into each other at a party the other day and I intentionally avoided her (and it was pretty obvious that I was doing so). Anyway, I felt pretty bad about it, so I apologized to her a couple days later, at which point she forgave me but said she'd really like to see me and give being friends a shot, hence getting coffee together.

Archived