It's been a whole month :(

Day88

Hi all

It's been 1 month now since we've spoke and I miss her like crazy. For four years I spoke to her everyday without fail, so this month has felt like a lifetime. I honestly think if I bumped into her I wouldn't know what to say. Yet part of me just wants to hear from her to see how she is.

I know I'm not asking any questions here but just felt like I needed to get it out there.

It might but I think I'd struggle to make up enough words to put down. I know that sounds stupid, but in my head I see her as a stranger now which I didn't really want to but I think it was my way of trying to move on.

But I guess the fact I miss her means that hasn't really worked yet...why is this such hard work haha

It's gonna be a struggle but you will come out of it a better person. My ex of three years left me for another guy back in the spring. We have been no contact for almost 6 months now! Crazy to even think about it.

I'm just now beginning to enjoy the "other side". Looking back it seems like an incredible journey. The lowest I have ever been, complete hell, to now feeling strong, happy, and confident again. You will get there too. You will move on and become the person you are supposed to be. You will find someone you love that loves you enough to stay with you. I have been seeing a great girl for the past couple of months and having a blast. The best part? She is younger, hotter, smarter (environmental scientist!) and cooler than my ex! A stark contrast to those early days when I was all like "I will never find anyone better" and "she was perfect for me."

I know its hard man, but look forward to the better days. Keep trucking. Do things that make you happy and lean on friends and family. You'll look back one day and wonder what the hell you were doing.

I know you already know this but I'll say it anyway just in case... NO CONTACT! ... Such a lifesaver, just stay strong! I'll be at the one month mark in a few days. I still feel rough when she crosses my mind but I'm generally feeling excited about the future!!! Life is good, so many beautiful things... few bumps here and there but it just makes everything that bit more interesting. Best of luck mate.

Mr Man

I'm just now beginning to enjoy the "other side". Looking back it seems like an incredible journey. The lowest I have ever been, complete hell, to now feeling strong, happy, and confident again. You will get there too. You will move on and become the person you are supposed to be. You will find someone you love that loves you enough to stay with you. I have been seeing a great girl for the past couple of months and having a blast. The best part? She is younger, hotter, smarter (environmental scientist!) and cooler than my ex! A stark contrast to those early days when I was all like "I will never find anyone better" and "she was perfect for me."

Love hearing people tell their stories of healing. Good for you! Man, I am so excited to find that next girl. For the first three weeks of my break up I was just saying over and over how she was "perfect". I have significant progress and am slowly chopping away at that pedestal. It's such a great feeling. I'm just a month post BU as well, but I feel like my time will come soon and I think it's only a matter of time until a good girl comes my way.

Archived