Need advice please!

My situation is:

I am currently living with an 18 year old girl (I myself am 19), and we have been renting a place together for 3 months now. We both decided to move in together as a means of security- we both moved to a city where neither of us really knew anybody.

I have known this girl most of my life and since we moved in together we have become best of friends, and I feel that she is a closer friend than others whom I have known for years.

Until we moved in together, I was unaware that she was in a long term relationship (how long I don't know). However, her boyfriend now lives 4 hours away and about 2 months ago they both decided that they should go their separate ways due to the strain put on their relationship from being apart.

Recently, I have fallen for this girl but being a shy and quiet guy I am too afraid to tell her how I feel because I am not certain as to whether she still has hope for her ex-boyfriend and herself.

She calls him a couple of times a week and they talk for hours, but on the other hand when we casually talk with other friends she says that she's currently not with anyone. I really want to be with this girl but I don't want to say or do anything that might compromise our friendship or upset her.

I have on a few occasions tried to express my feelings for her but she seems to avoid the topic.

Any advice please would be much appreciated.

quietshyguy

my best bet would to first find out if she wants a b/f or not. being single doesn't mean she wants to be in a relationship and if she is single and looking then one day just tell her that u have something important to tell her and let her know how u feel about it. whats the worst that can happen? she will say no, but atlest u will find out if she wants u or not. and if no then oh well, u still have her as a friend and u can go somewhere else to find the gal u r looking for. its better to let someone know about the feelings u have for them instead of keeping it instead and letting it grow. because in the end it will come get u. good luck.