Back again.... quick Facebook question

I deleted my ex from my friends list and also blocked her (so I couldn't see her profile picture). However, I've started to wonder if the fact that I've blocked her gives her satisfaction in some level because she can see that I've gone out of my way to block her. I didn't do it to get a reaction or anything like that but does it not come accross as more pathetic to block your ex? Will she think "Clearly, he's not over me because he's blocking me to try and get a reaction out of me".

Ya tough call either way who cares. I left my ex as a friend bc I didn't want her to see how upset I really was. I figured if I left her as a friend then she would see that I'm not bothered by the breakup and am strong enough to be able to stay friends. That was my way of looking at it, but at the end of the day they're your ex so who cares.

Depends. Blocking someone can be a way that they can't communicate with you in the future. You are kind of saying your done with the relationship and don't want anything to do with her at all. She really has no way of knowing you blocked her except the fact that she can't find your page anymore.

if two people have messages or comments on each others pages, when either one of those two people blocks the other, their profile picture goes to a default and when you click on their name, you get a sorry, page youre looking for cannot be found, type of message. so yups they acn see youve blocked them

As I say, the reason I blocked her was so I wouldn't be able to search for her and see her profile picture. However, by doing that, it shows her that I've gone out of my way to block her and that will naturally make her make loads of assumptions about how weak I am.

I'm probably thinking about it too much. I just think as long as she's blocked, she'll think I'm still thinking about her and trying to make this big bold statement. It screams "You dumped me so I'm blocking you because you're mean" which isn't the case at all. At the end of the day, I don't want to care anymore. But blocking her suggests I do.

The most likely reason for you to have blocked her would be so that you can heal, that much would go without saying. There would have been nothing unusual about that so who's to say she has given it any more thought than that. The fact that you have now unblocked is showing her that you are still thinking about her far more than keeing her blocked would have.

I was in the same boat as you, though I have to say you're playing head games with yourself over whether to keep her blocked/unblocked. Nothing wrong with that, I didn't overthink blocking her but I did overthink a lot of other things.

If you have the willpower, keep her unblocked... I felt satisfaction from knowing that the temptation to check was there but I wasn't acting upon it. Sure I screwed up a few times but I jumped back into it and it's gotten better every time.

I've never understood the whole blocking thing. If we still have feelings for them beyond friendship it comes down to understanding that by looking at their profile is going to be bad for me. I tried having her as a friend then not as a friend; I tried no contact with being friends but still found myself checking her page to see mundane crap. If I would have seen her already with someone else that would have been bad. Thankfully I didn't (maybe she hid it I dunno) but really we have no control over any situation concerning their lives, once they're truly gone.

So yeah about the blocking thing it just seems extreme to me. Because if you really wanna look that bad you can always unblock to see the limited profile. I wouldn't take it to the extreme of blocking because no matter what you do, self control is still going to be necessary for healing and moving forward.

If she is no longer your friend in real life then why are you keeping her in social media?

You're def overthinking this way too much man, and obviously still really hung up on her (understandably, you just broke up)

Allowing yourself access to her page on a daily basis will only cause you grief.

Delete/block/heal.

I didn't block my ex. Her profile is private and mine is as well which would make it pointless. Ultimately this means blocking her only serves as a way of telling her that I can't do without her. If you're doing it for yourself, then it wouldn't matter. But for you to ask this question would mean you're doing it with an ulterior motive.

Archived