8 Days of No Contact and feeling a little better

lyndsaylynn

Just wanted to share that after 8 days of no contact with my former bf, I am feeling a little better. It is definitely a good thing to do for yourself as, at least for me, it brings some clarity to the situation I am in. I am beginning to see how cruel he could be. I am beginning to see how self-absorbed he is. I am also beginning to accept that my feelings for him may have been changing for awhile and I didn't fully realize it until we stopped talking.

I still love him but I'm not sure I like him as a person, if that makes sense.

The difficult thing for me is, as a person who always wants to be there for the ones I love, I am not able to be there for him right now as he deals with his elderly mom and her surgery this week. Knowing the type of person he is, he is likely to never forgive me for ceasing contact with him during this time.

I did get an email from him this past weekend just to tell me he was sending me a check for his share of our cell phone bill. Funny that he had to send an email to tell me. He never has before, and all he had to do was mail the check.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and I hope the positive side of No Contact will help others who are struggling.

Keep going, you're doing really well! Sounds to me like his e-mail was just him trying to get you to talk - which would be typcial if he is self-absorbed, and also knows you well enough to know that you will be feeling bad about not being around with his mom having surgery. So good on you for not giving in.

Day 9 of NC, and I think I regressed just a little. I got that check in the mail last night so I had a difficult night. Something about just seeing the check by itself in the envelope, no note or anything else, seemed so cold to me. I know I will be okay but it just hurt.

Archived