My work colleages and the way they acted..

I work for my dad and i normally am a friendly, quiet and sweet person. I like to keep to myself and just do my work. I work with 2 other girls. Now,one girl has her own car which she uses to go fetch the mail from the post office. Now i normally buy and sell stuff on ebay and about 5 items came for me yesterday,which she had fetched. I told her no ill fetch it another day but she insisted its ok and she will get it for me. So yesterday she went ,got the items and carried the 5 items, 2 of which was a medium package and the rest small. Now i had some work which had to be done quickly so i was doing that. Then she comes and places the items on my table and i thank her for receiving it. Then the other girl comes to the front to see what i got. I hadnt opened the packages yet since i dont like inquisitive people. She asked me whats all this stuff you get in the mail? She had like a smirk on her face and i told her no its just stuff i buy and sell. She wanted to know more and so did the other girl who collected the stuff,but i had already explained to her and it was like she was trying to pinpoint me. I told them i will them after i had finished my work since it had to be done now. Then the girl who collected my post says "oh its very rare that i do work" and she looked at the other girl and they smirked. Thats what got me angry because why are they making this a big deal,all she had to do was get my post and give it to me,thats all..no need for questions. Thats why i prefer to get my mail on my own but she insisted on getting it for me. The other girl never greets me in the morning and yet she has the nerve to ask me questions. When i am the boss's daughter here. Today they asked me why im looking sad and i said why would u think im sad and then they kept quiet. I am not speaking to them unless i need to work wise other than that i wouldnt. I know they gossip about me and think i am stupid. Sometimes i see them staring at me which is annoying because when i look at them they look away.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I would have just read their inquisitiveness as being curious and social. They probably thought you were snubbing them when you didn't want to talk about what was in the packages.

I doubt they wanted to "pinpoint" you for anything, it just sounds like curious conversation, and they likely felt you were being unfriendly by not talking with them

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I would have just read their inquisitiveness as being curious and social. They probably thought you were snubbing them when you didn't want to talk about what was in the packages.

I doubt they wanted to "pinpoint" you for anything, it just sounds like curious conversation, and they likely felt you were being unfriendly by not talking with them

No it wasnt like that all..it wasnt like they were curious because i have already told the one girl about this before and its not like i had time to talk to them,they could see i was busy and had work to be done. Its just the expression on their faces when they said "its very rare that i do work".

@ JaydedGirl

Well we can always make ourselves clear in a polite way and set boundaries for people. you could have just told them that " I am busy with the work right now and i do not entertain such kinds of questions, please dont think i am being rude, but its the way i work". They will understand if they are not stupid.

You should have reacted when one of them said " Do you ever work ", you should asked to them "what do they mean by that ?" and made your point clear.

Do not be afraid to confront people if you are not liking their comments. Moreover you can also get one of them in a meeting and discuss things. You should tell them that you did not like that comment.

Its better to be clear and make your point clear rather then keep boiling within oneself.

Do not be afraid to confront people if you are not liking their comments. Moreover you can also get one of them in a meeting and discuss things. You should tell them that you did not like that comment.

Its better to be clear and make your point clear rather then keep boiling within oneself.

You don't have to put up with this sort of behaviour or attitude from anyone. Quite frankly, it's none of their business what you receive in the post. The ' * * * * * y' comment was uncalled for. It sound like a bit of a 'ganging up' situation going on.

Nip it in the bud now by politely and calmly confronting one of them in private and ask her if she has a problem with you, and ask her what exactly was meant by the comment that was made to you. You don't have to be too emotive, but assert yourself in a professional manner.

If they continue with the smirking and any more nasty comments, take it higher.

I think that you are the one who is wrong in this scenario.

If someone asks you to pickup a box... you are going to ask what's in the box (who asks who is irrelevant). It's human nature! We are a curious species. Very few people are capable of picking up a box (or suitcase or envelope or whatever), not knowing what it is and not asking. It just... drives you crazy. Curiosity killed the cat and all that.

If you didn't want them to know what's in the box, you should have been more adament about refusing. They are your packages. That is the moment in which you should have gotten upset, set boundaries and let her know you would be mad if she picked them up.

The moment she picked them up was the moment things changed and she was going to ask.

And honestly? Saying "I don't want to tell you because I have to work" is actually longer to say and takes up more calories than "a toaster" or "comic books" or whatever. I think that's why you got attitude. Because you kind of implied that they weren't working and all they wanted to know was what was in the box. If it was something of a personal nature (sex toys or something for example), this is where a little white lie comes in handy. You could have said "a book", "exercise equipment"... anything, really.

I don't think it's reasonable to peak someone's curiosity and then tell them "it's private". It's just... kinda mean.

That's my take on it.

Archived