Need good back exercises.

i just purchased a new bench, and it has pretty much everything but a lat tower. So since i cant use the lat i cant really work out my back. Any exercises i can do to work my back, and actaully get GOOD results. prefererbly same results you would get from a lat.

im not really sure wat bent over rolls are. I looked some stuff up and it showed me one where u kneel 1 knee on the bench and lift a weight up just alittle above your back. I tried it and i could feel the burn, but what are bent over rolls?

Im just worried im gonna be training all my muscles and leave out my back leaving me muscualr in front and having a non sculpted back. You think even if i DIDNT specifically focus on my back it would sculpt it self as time went on or what? Since im working out arent i using my back muscles too? ( even if im not doing exercises that focus on the back)

and this is DEFINATLY the CORRECT way to do it? The site i was at showed how to do the work out by an animated avatar type pic and it just looked like the person was holding their hands starit ALL the time.

And this exercise and combination of the other one i was talking about will give me the saem results i would get from lat??

You can do pull-ups with the bench bar.

Position yourself as if you were going to do a bench press, but instead of benching, you are going to pull yourself up. It will be awkward at first but it will work.

Also, you can get a pull-up bar that wedges in the frame of a door.

It's a great place to start because you won't be doing all of your bodyweight. It will work you lats, rhomboids, mid-traps and biceps.

Form is key. Make sure that you do it in a slow and controlled manner. After you master that, move on to rows. You can use the barbell that came with the bench. Do some research on barbell rows for correct form.

Pull-up bars can't be that expensive. I am thinking around $20-30.

don't fo lats, that works only a small part of of your back, bicepts, and shoulders.

Do the ones I told you, the work your entire back!

IF you keep at it you will have a nice rip back within 4-6 months. Don't do them every day, do them every other day, and take weekends off. But when you do them do like 3-4 sets.

You can do the one where you put your knee on the bench, and lift with one arm, or you can do both arms at the same time they way I told you.

OK SO i should do the following. pull ups on my bench bar, lay face down and lift weights above my back, kneel on my knee and lift one arm at a time, and is that all? What were you telling me to do kyle?

these 3 back exercises should sculpt the back.?

A pull-up is going to work your lats and biceps.

The bench press is going to work the pecs and triceps.

As a general rule, pushing exercises will involve the triceps in some way.

Pulling exercises will work the biceps in some way.

The only exceptions are flys, which is performed with straight arms.

As far as the pull-up goes, it will work your back no matter which way you hold the bar. You can do a pull-up with the reverse motion of a bench press or having your elbows facing forward and pulling up.

Don't concern yourself with "best" exercises, just worry about doing these exercises correctly. Master one or two exercises before you try others.

I take it that you are young which means that you really need to create a good foundation. Good form now leads to good form later. Bad form now will lead you into nagging injuries and poor results.

OK SO i should do the following. pull ups on my bench bar, lay face down and lift weights above my back, kneel on my knee and lift one arm at a time, and is that all? What were you telling me to do kyle?

these 3 back exercises should sculpt the back.?

Do all the above....they should workout your whole back.

well if i want to BULK up i need to be maxing out and pushing my limits with the bench press. Im worried that one day i might just accidently drop it and well.... ( without the smile at the end)

EBAY didnt have spotters. Do they sell individual spotters for benches or what?