Going back to the way things used to be is it possible?

notgivingup

Hi everyone,

About a week or so ago, I met this guy at work and we were having fun talking to each other and we kept talking to each other back and forth for the next two or three days. We seem to hit it off when we talk in person one on one, on the phone and through text. Last friday he called and asked me to see a movie with him on Sunday. We met but parted on bad terms.

Comes this week, all the texting and calling stopped. We only talk at work. I know he wants to be friends with me. But I feel like he is distancing himself from me, as if he is avoiding me outside of work, and I don't like that at all. Is this normal? Or is he acting like a jerk? Am I just overreacting and overworrying as usual?

Is he distancing himself from me because he doesn't want to give me the wrong idea that if he does, then that means he wants a relationship with me, which is not true? Is he doing this for my benefit?

At work, he takes time to notice that I am quiet that I have nothing to contribute to the conversation with him and a group of my coworkers and he doesn't want me to feel awkward. Like he takes time to notice these things.

I want to be able to go up to talk to him if I want, instead of feeling like I shouldn't be doing that. Or I don't want to be I can't and/or I shouldn't text him either. I feel like he is putting up a barrier between our friendship by distancing himself from me. And I feel like I am doing the same thing because I feel like I can no longer be open with him anymore about anything.

I don't know why I am feeling that way. Surely my feelings for him cannot be involved yet.

God why am I so sensitive? And why the hell can't I take my mind off of this? Why did I mess things up the way that I did? Can things go back to the way it used to be? Will he figure things out for himself?

I have already made it clear to him through text that I am fine that there is no reason for him to distance himself from me, I don't know if he read it or not, because he didn't call or text back. What is going on in his mind?

Hi guynextdoor,

I had a chance to talk to him today. I asked him if we are going to stop talking outside of work and he answered me with "we can if you want." I texted him later on that day with "I do want to talk to you because I enjoy it and I would prefer it that way because I am more comfortable with that and not because I want more than a friendship with you text me back ok?". His response was "we can talk on in a group setting for now". I know all he wants is friendship and I respect that, that is what I want too, I do not plan on texting him anymore. We barely even see each other at work as it is, so I will be fine with that. Thanks for the feedback.

Notgivingup

Archived