Should I wait, or move on...

Been dating this girl for a few months and I knew when we first met that she had just broken up with a guy that she was in love with. But she never really talked about it. She was with this guy for only a 11 months and he was also seeing another woman at the time and she knew about it.

Now she has told me that she will get over it, which it will just take time and I am totally for giving her the space she needs. But the problem is, she always wants me around. I went to her house to pick something up last night and go home and ended up staying 4 hours because she didn't want me to leave. How is it that she wants space but never takes it?

The other problem is that she works with this guy and he calls her everyday about stupid stuff, just to make sure he is on her mind. Will she ever be able to move on under these circumstances? The guy has stated for the last year that he was leaving the other girl, but never has, even after she broke it off and told him that she was seeing me.

I'm not too worried about getting hurt here and I'm not against waiting, but it is really worth it? If I ever fall for this girl, I wouldn't be able to take this guy calling her every day. They aren't friends, these are not friendly conversations. I believe the motive is so he can make sure she is still thinking about him and doesn't get a chance to get over him. BTW, all her friends keep yelling her to tell this other guy to piss off because they know me and know I am a much better guy.

Any advice?

You're right, he's just calling to make sure she dosn't forget. If she really wants to move on, she'll cease all contact with this guy. Tell her that.

As far as need space, and having you around: she probably wants to be with you but wants space around the issue. You don't neccessarily have to leave her alone, just kind of let the issue do it's own thing for now.

The problem with ceasing all contact is that she works with him and can't get away. He has to talk to her because of her job. Now what?

And how long should I wait for the issue to resolve itself? I want to be with girl in 6 months and the same crap still going on...