The age gap

I'm a 60 year old male (don't laugh!), but in all honesty don't feel it, and often told i don't look it either.... the thing is i have been in a relationship with a 28 year old girl for 18 months.... and it seems to work!!!

It seems more of a problem for me.... she does says "who cares - its just a number".

Anyone else out there with a similar situation?

I am not saying this is your situation at all, but this is an experience. One of my friend's grandmothers who was 67 was dating a 27 year old. The got married. It seemed too good to be true. It wasn't. After the married, he started stealing her money, they got divorced, and she was left bankrupt. Now, like I said, this may not apply to your relationship.

Good Luck

Lucky you!

I hope when I'm 60 that I'll have a 28 year old girlfriend.

Anyway seriously if both of you are happy and confortable with yourselves, why not give it a try.

My boss is in his sixties but he also looks younger that his age and is extremely fit, believe me, he has just completed the 14 peaks mountain endurance hike where I live (going up and down 14 mountain peaks in daylight - 14hrs or so).

If you both want the same thing out of the relationship, relax and do not let the age difference get in the way of a great experience. But if she wants to get married and have kids, and that's not what you want, I'd start talking about that sooner rather than later.

I dated a man with a similar age difference for 3 years. As Charles Dickens said, "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times." We had so many common athletic interests; we traveled well together; our personalities complemented each other; he was always there for me. The problem though was that he did not want to get married again or have children; these were "deal breakers" in my book. He particularly did not want to have us get married because, in his words "in 10 years, it will be a mess. in 20 years, your friends will be going to their children's high school graduations, and you will be taking care of an old man." I turned a blind eye towards all of this the first year because I had fallen in love. But I knew that at some point, I wanted a family. I became tortured with whether to "live in the moment" or "plan for my long-term future" and break things off. I even tried to date men "age appropriate" while I was with him (he knew about it), in an attempt to feel as though I was going to find my Mr. Long-term. But of course, everyone paled compared to him. We finally separated (I broke it off because I wanted to be with someone who would commit and have children, but when I tried to go back to him because I missed him, he said no, it was time for me to find someone my age who could give me what I need).

So, I guess that's my long answer to your question. Yes, I have been in your situation (only from the perspective of your g-friend), and my advice to you is that if you are compatible and share the same life values, hold unto her, and don't be afraid of aging with her.

planb. Thanks for that. The thing is she already has an 8 year old child, and she shows no desire to have more. Marriage? She also shows no need for that..... BUT she wants to live with me (i think), and so far i have shown no real enthusiasm to do this. However we have for reasons of business been away from each other for over a month.... i feel i would like nothing better right now to live with her, but that might wear off. We will be back together in a few days again - we'll see!!!

well Im 63 and my boyfriend is 32. we have been living together for 2 years now and its working just fine. I think its because we talked on the internet for a year before even meeting so we really got to know each other from the inside out and not judge our feelings by looks or age. Seems to be working for us, and NO he isnt after my money cause I dont have any LOL