He Forgot me on my birth day

So yesterday was my birthday and not that i expected my ex to remember me (maybe deep down i wanted him to remember ). He never called or text or nothing.While i had a great time yesterday i felt a bit hurt that he forgot me .

I know it's over but i did remember his and sent my greetings to him. However i saw him online this morning and my anger got the best of me and i let him know how hurt i felt about him forgetting my birthday and i told him i would never bug him again and all he said was he was sorry . this from someone who said he still wants to be my friend ( ha ha nice friend) and i told him i now know what i meant to him to which he replied " jeeze" . I never said anything after that .

sorry to be rambling about this but i guess i needed to get it out . i just cant believe him but on the other and he is not obligated to me ( he broke it off) . its just sad now.

well advice and feed back needed cause now my feeling got hurt .

thanks guys for replying . Yes maybe this is the closure i need to show me finally he does not care any more.

To HJP1990 Happpy Birthday and try to have a good day . Maybe one day they will see their mistakes, as for now i'm moving on with my life and not gonna take him on any more .He has now lost my friendship. I have a package to send to him and after that it will be not contact for me .

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I agree with the closure comment, maybe this is the "event" that really let you know what your ex is like. They say everything happens for a reason, and maybe this was the reason.

My ex's birthday is coming up in a few days, and I plan on sending him a friendly birthday card, hoping that he doesn't misinterpret it to think that I wnat him back and that's my wan of letting him now. I just want to make it a firendly gesture, without letting my feelings of wanting to be with him shine through. I just hope it's the right thing to do. Reading your posts made me realize that it's a good thing to do, so thanks.

Hang in there!

To fantasia2004

It really was not important that he remember my birthday but it was feeling behind it i guess that hurt more . Any how i look at it whats done is done and i should really get myself to let go .

To Live to love

I agree with the closure statement to I really needed for this to happen

so i look towards the future and you know what my future looks bright as hell and its just his tough luck that he would not share in that bright future with me

claudia

Hey Claudia and everyone,

Yah - I'm in the same boat. I had my birthday last March 2004, and my ex broke it off with me in Dec. 2003. There was no hint of her on my birthday. I felt really hurt, but then again, I was hurt anyways from the break up, so what's one more hurt? But yes, it did help me to let go a bit I guess.

Now, 8 months later, its her birthday at the end of August, and I am thinking whether I should send her a card or something. Ahhhh - I hate this.

My first ex, I sent her an e-card on her birthday, and she thanked me for it, but she told me what she was up to, and that she was just "as bad as a girlfriend as ever" to her new boyfriend. At that time, it made me feel a bit weird, and brought back some bad memories, but overall, I have no regrets in sending the e-card. It was a nice gesture (although she never wished me a happy b-day when it was my turn).

So, learning from the past, I have come to the conclusion that I will not send my recent ex a card because I feel there is not really any point in sending a card, other than to be nice (because in the past, sending a card really hasn't been such a "rewarding" experience). I hope I continue to think like this as her birthday draws nearer

Take care everyone.

Kung fu

I totally understand how you all feel about not hearing from your ex on your birthday. I have been worried about how I'll feel on my b-day this year, and it's not for another few months. (My ex broke up with me in March and I'm still having trouble adjusting, although it's getting a lot better.)

BUT, I just have to say, what good would it do if you did hear from him/her? Would it change anything? Would it really satisfy you to have them send you an email or something saying "Happy B-Day" but that's it? Probably not. I know that for me, it wouldn't help much. I am willing to bet that maybe my ex WILL wish me a happy b-day, but it'll be just that ... a simple wish, not "let's get back together." I'll say "thanks" and then that'll be it. What does it help? When it comes right down to it, aren't we hoping they'll remember our birthdays because we think it means something more? And I'm just trying to be realistic about the fact that sometimes it doesn't mean anything more. If you want to be in a relationship and they don't, no amount of birthday wishes is going to change it.

Last thursday, as my birthday came and left, I realized that he and I had very different opinions of what a 'friend' is, even tho he quoted to want to continue to be friends.

Friends, whether married or not, whether separated or not or divorced previously; have the balls to say 'happy birthday' to your face. They will buy you in the least a card. They will show effort on part of a friend, if not what you wish they were.

But everyone, and apparently including me and my ex-to-be, have different opinions of what we think or should think friends should act or be.

All I got was an email saying 'getting a card for you would have been unappropriate' even tho not a few weeks ago it was 'we should be friends'.

Seems like that saying is more or less for convenience than actual actions on it.

I don't care if it is a lousy friend or a best friend, if they are a friend, or crap, even an aquaintance, I will send a card, my 'heartfelt, truthful not fake/false' feelings written down and offer lunch, or something else that would suit the situtation.

As I said, that's my opinion, and one of just many many other millions out there, that probably don't think the same.